There are days, more and more frequently, in this house, that I have little time to cook. That means I need quick meals that I can get on the table within 30 minutes of walking in the door. Dance, gymnastics, soccer, baseball, scouts… they all seem to happen just before or after our normal dinner time and it means our routine gets disrupted. I’ve been exploring more and more meatless options of late since my oldest has made the decision she’s not comfortable eating meat anymore, and to my surprise- the whole family has been enjoying it! Here’s an easy orange chicken recipe that takes little time to prepare, has few ingredients and was a HUGE hit with the family. I suppose I should say it’s an easy orange chik’n recipe!
Easy Orange Chicken
Find your fresh take on eating well. Browse hundreds of meat-free recipes at MorningStarFarms.com.
What are your favorite quick and easy meals?
- 1 tbsp. grated orange rind or zest (optional)
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 1/2 c. vegetable broth
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1/2 c. honey (we use local – good for allergies)
- 1 box Morningstar Farms Chik’n Nuggets
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Prepare chicken and rice as directed.
- While those are cooking, combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil for 1 minute.
- Serve over chicken and rice.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Kellogg’s MorningStar via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Kellogg’s MorningStar.