>1. Play. Go outside and play a game. Frisbee, soccer, catch- tag- it doesn’t have to be a fancy game, nor an expensive one.
2. Read. Reading together is one of the ways I feel the closest with my family.
3. Play games together!! Even if the kids are too young, you can almost always modify a game to suit their abilities, or they can be official helpers.
4. Take a walk. Go on a nature hike. Hunt for toads. Count trees.
5. Have an adventure. Sometimes, its just plain fun to pack a lunch and get in the car, and see where you end up. We’ve had some of our best days as a family doing this!!
6. (I know, I said 5. But #6 is the most important one: UNPLUG. No smartphone, no texting, no cell phone, no TV, laptop, netbook, or computer. Be together!)
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and LEGO blogging program, making me eligible to get a prize pack. For more information on how you can participate, click here.