Prices are based on the 03/23 Farm Fresh weekly ad. (Can certainly be fit to your own store’s sales, but the recipe itself looks delish!) Thanks The Coupon Challenge for the recipe and frugal meal!
Turkey Taco Skillet
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 jar (16 oz) thick & chunky salsa
- 1 can (11 oz) Mexican-style corn
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 cup shredded Mexican or taco cheese blend
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Baked tortilla chips
1. Cook turkey in a large skillet over high heat, breaking up meat, 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in seasoning mix, water, salsa and corn; bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Cover and remove from heat; let stand 12 to 15 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand 1 to 2 minutes to melt cheese.
2. Top rice mixture with lettuce, tomato and sour cream.
3. Serve with tortilla chips.
Perdue Ground turkey $2.50
Kraft Cheese $1.99
Chi-Chi’s salsa $2.79
Taco Bell seasoning mix $0.85
Libby’s Corn $0.79
Rice $2.39 ($1.20)
Lettuce $1.69 ($0.75)
Tomatoes $1.99lb ($1)
Total: $11.87 – from my stockpile, I would pay about $3
Thanks to Women’s Day for the recipe & photo!