Keeping Family Safe

This post about keeping family safe is brought to you by Lifelock. Summer is almost offically here, just a few more days of school for the kids and we’ll be free! It also means lots of long days outside in the sun and swimming in cholorine- all things that can be harmful if we don’t take steps to protect our family. Some of the simple things we can do to keep our family safe in summer months are applying sunscreen frequently, keeping everyone well hydrated, buying hats that everyone wants to wear, rashguard and UV protective clothing, finding ways to stay cool and not get heat exhaustion. Aside from the fun in the sun, I’ll also be working all summer- frequently, using wi-fi when the kids have swim and tennis lessons. Unfortunately, our utility and mortgage companies don’t let us take the summer off, so I’ll be working on the go- and that means I won’t necessarily have the security I have at home.
lifelock offers 5 points of protection

That’s why I’m glad I’m a LifeLock member – Lifelock offers a suite of services (including credit monitoring) that work together to protect your identity from various risks including credit fraud. I can do what I need to do for my blog and have peace of mind that I’ve got some protection, all while watching my kids at swim and tennis lessons.
This video is a really great illustration of just what LifeLock can do for us to protect our family, and very in tune with today’s lifestyle and social media usage.
With social media so prominent in our world, especially for me as a blogger, I need to know that someone’s kind of “got my back” so to speak. This video captures so much of what can be shared- and found- online through seemingly innocent shared information. I’ve learned not to “check in” places unless I have to- While my birthday may be available on some social sites, my year of birth is not. I do know there are probably other things I don’t even realize are “out there” but that’s why I’m a LifeLock member- I have been for almost a year and will continue to be in the future. I like the idea of someone looking out for me, for my family. Part of keeping my family safe is keeping ME safe— and our identity.

What do you do to keep your family safe in summer? Are you a LifeLock member?

FTC DISCLOSURE This Mama Loves aims to provide unbiased editorials. However, I wish to disclose that from time to time I may receive free products or other compensation from companies for blogger reviews.

• i use to have this protection but not through life lock. I need to re-signup for the service and try them out

• I am a LifeLock member and I think that’s one reason I feel at ease knowing they have my back and that of my family’s too!

• Identity theft is scary. I remember when my wallet was stolen and I watched online the thief drain my account. Luckily I was able to recover what was lost, but it is something I don’t want to ever happen again.

• This is the summer I want to tackle this “task” and get our lives safer… thanks for your article and giving me some great ideas and pointing me into the right direction.

• After several experiences with identity theft I was so glad to find LifeLock, it’s a great way for me not to worry so much anymore!

• I’me a LifeLock member and have been for about 9 months, I think. My mom has been a member for YEARS!.

• I’m not a Lifelock member, but you know the other day I was getting gas and something just seemed fishy with the credit card swiper. I think having someone covering my back with that would be great!

• I am a LifeLock member and I love it! Every thing I can do to keep my family safe is worth it!

• gosh you know I never even think about this when I login to hotspots! I need to be more careful!

• Ok. It’s time. I keep seeing LifeLock mentions, but I’m thinking now that I work from home, and on the go like you said, I really need to look into it. Thanks for nudging :)

• We have LifeLock & love it! It let us know that someone looked up our credit history when we got a new cell phone service.

• Keeping my family safe is always a top priority. I have heard of Lifelock and know that they are watching over me. I make sure to keep sunscreen on at all times, and watch my nephew and niece when they are around pools, and make sure to keep my purse and credits cards in a safe place where it does not get stolen!

• There really isn’t anything more important in the online world, and as a social media specialist, protecting myself is important. Thanks for sharing!

• Sunblock is big for us. I don;t have to worry too much on the computers yet.

• Keeping your identity safe is really important!!

• Water safety and online safety are hot topics at my house this summer.

• It’s scary how much information can be found on yourself if you just dig a little. We are LifeLock members, too. Definitely gives you peace of mind!

• I use LifeLock as well, it’s one less thing for me to worry about as a mom. Love that someone else is looking out for me!

• I am a Lifelock member and it makes me feel a lot more secure! Being a blogger I think it’s a must!!

• Sunblock is always a non-negotiable must for safety in our house. My husband and I have too much sun damage and are very cautious to make sure that our son doesn’t have the same problem.

• Summer for me means less of a routine and needing to be more aware and ready for anything goes with it! Between my son wanting to climb trees and constantly hang out on the trampoline and in the pool at our neighbors, we have a lot to keep up with! Keeping stocked up with sunblock and first aid stuff is always a must for us!