We have central vac in our house. Or rather, until a month ago, we did. Our central vac unit died and with good luck for timing (for once) LG sent us their Kompressor™ Compact Pet Care Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner for review. With a yellow lab (the sheddiest of all labs), a cat, plus three children and a lot of wet weather, our floors need to be vaccuumed daily, if not more frequently. Having no vaccuum was simply not an option.
I love this vaccuum. I mean, I really, really LOVE this vaccuum. As gross as it is to empty the canister and see what’s been on our floors, its also awesome and fascinating and impressive just how much this tiny little powerhouse of a vaccuum picks up. In rooms with an area rug, this canister is full before I’m finished with two rooms. I like seeing the results of my vaccuuming right away, and being able to see them disposed of. I couldn’t do that with my old vaccuuM! Plus, when I empty the canister I press a lever down and I’m not touching “ick” anything. Which makes it better.
This vaccuum is a whole lot of power in a compact package- and at a very reasonable price point for most households, definitely one that gets kudos for affordability!!
Sleek, Compact and Convenient Design
- At just 16.5 pounds, the LuV250C is the lightest vacuum in LG’s vacuum family with all the power of the full-size vacuum.
- The LuV250C also features an extra-long 30-foot cord, making it easier to clean a larger area in less time without having to switch outlets multiple times to reach the entire space.
- The adjustable telescopic handle collapses for more compact storage and the lighter weight makes it easier to manuever around your home.
- Available in an attractive Cinnamon finish, the LuV250C features a stylish design that makes it a great fit anywhere in the home.
I think the color is great for this vaccuum- sleek and fun and so much more exciting than the basic grey I’ve had before. The telescoping handle is WONDERFUL if you are short on space as we are- I can drop the handle down and this slides right into the hall closet without bumping hanging jackets and coats out of the way, so when you open the door, it doesn’t look messy at all.
- The LuV250C’s Kompressor® Technology utilizes the world’s first motorized compression system to condense the dust intake to hold three times more household dust than non-compressor models.
- The Kompressor® system uses a unique wiper blade within the bag-less bin to keep it clean while compressing dust intake.
- This allows you to store up to 3 times more dirt, dust and pet hair vs. non-compressor models and means there’s an easy-to-dispose-of cake of dust when you empty it.
- DualForce™ Suction Technology adds two additional air pathways to pick up from both sides of the vacuum head in addition to the traditional center section.
- This allows you to capture dust and debris over a wide surface area, and is ideal for picking up dust in hard-to-reach edges.
I don’t necessarily understand the science of this technology but I don’t mind that- because it WORKS. It works really well. Granted, I’m comparing to an older model central vac and an almost 10 year old upright vaccuum (albeit a good one) but the suction on this vaccuum impresses me each time I use this vaccuum. I’m actually wanting to vaccuum, almost like a game, to see what else will come out of the rugs. (I wish it wasn’t so gross, all the pet hair and dust…but hey, this is where I’m at in life, and I think an older home with a lot of hardwood flooring exacerbates the issues!!)
Pet & Allergy Friendly
- The Pet Hair Turbine tool uses an air turbine powered brush to remove pet hair embedded in furniture and carpets.
- Its True HEPA filtration system help capture dust mites, pollens and other common household allergens to deliver a higher degree of freshness in the home.
The turbine tool is my new BFF. No lie. My sneaky Tobey boy isn’t allowed on the furniture, although each morning, we come down and there’s an outline of dog hair where he’s spent the night on the couch. Its been such a giant chore and a pain in my neck trying to get the hair off up until recently- but now with a few passes of this particular attachment tool on the Kompressor, the hair is GONE even off of our dog-hair-loving couch fabric. Makes for one happy mama. Plus the kids can maneuver this attachment on the end of the hose so they can help me…they actually fight over who gets to help me with the vaccuum. (Soon I can teach them to fight over laundry, right?)
One of our readers will win the LG Kompressor™ Compact Pet Care Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner!
I received a sample of this product to facilitate my review through my affiliation with Shout! Media. Opinions are my own.