In celebration of National Pet Month (October), we received the Max Extract® 77 Multi-Surface Pro™ Carpet & Hard Floor Deep Cleaner for review. Perfect timing- I like to do a “big clean” of rugs and woodwoork and other things at the end of summer and winter, so I was able to do this a lot more conveniently having the Max Extract here at home and not borrowing one!! Having a third toddler learning to use the potty can often mean accidents- which are obviously cleaned up immediately but I still feel a lot better having a chance to really CLEAN my rugs in the house. PLUS we have a dog, and a cat, and spend a ton of time outside so there is almost always something needing to be cleaned in this house. My poor dog. He won’t be able to leave his pet dander around as much. I bet that’s sad for him. The Hoover takes care of it!!
This machine is heavy, but kind of has to be, given what is is intended to do. You aren’t going to be using this daily so that’s not really an issue. Its quite simple to set it up out of the box, and it has 2 basic functions- hard floors or carpet cleaning. Dual purpose machines are great- less “stuff to store” in the house!
The Max Extract comes with a small bottle of floor cleaner and a bottle of carpet cleaner. Each are clearly marked with instructions as is the unit itself- you can see where to add the concentrate and water right on the machine, plus its in the directions. Folks, if you are reading this- ITS HARD TO SCREW THAT UP. (Trust me, I’m known for screwing up things no one else does, but this would take some serious effort). Easy to use. I like easy. There are lots of bells and whistles on this machine. The hose and spinscrub hand tool make cleaning the area around toilets and smaller or hard to reach areas a breeze. No worries about your grout or floor finish- we’re almost all hard surface floors in my house (tile in both baths, hardwood everywhere else wiht the exception of a few area rugs) and I’ve used this up and down the stairs, in the bathrooms, on my hardwood floors, and to clean the couch upholstery. Zero issues. I’m in love.
I just peeked on the Hoover site and right now this unit is on sale for $254.99 PLUS when you enter MAXSAVINGS at checkout you will get FREE shipping too!! This is normally $299.99!!
This MaxExtract® deep cleaner is designed to clean a variety of surfaces from carpets to couches and sealed wood floors to tiled floors.
This versatile, easy-to-use machine removes water, dirt and grime with pressurized cleaning, and has heated drying for a fast dry time. Features a double chamber nozzle to power wash surfaces with even suction across a wide path, while the automatic detergent system provides the right ratio of detergent and water for the best cleaning results. Patented Hoover® SpinScrub® brushes gently loosen dirt and clean all sides of carpet and upholstery fibers, with an adjustable speed control for various floor surfaces, including a Spill Pick-Up mode so you don’t scrub in spills.
- MaxExtract® DualV® Nozzle Technology -we’re pulling up a lot of dirty water so your floors dry fast and you’ll be back to living on those deep-cleaned floors quickly.
- Pressurized Edge-to-Edge Cleaning – a wall of pressurized water that loosens and lifts stubborn stains with constant and relentless spray.
- SpinScrub® 77 – counter-rotating brushes engineered to surround carpet fibers, removing dirt at every angle. It’s like treating your carpet to a deep, massaging salon shampoo.
- SpinScrub® Setting Options – sets your cleaning system by surface:
- Spill Pickup Mode is suction only, without brush agitation action;
- Gentle Scrub Mode rotates brushes at slower speed for ceramic tile, linoleum and sealed hardwood floors;
- Power Scrub Mode maximizes scrubbing action for cleaning carpet and high-traffic areas.
- Heated Cleaning – powerful motor with forced heated air to help speed dry time.
- Auto Conversion Tools – conveniently positioned where they should be – right at your fingertips.
- AutoRinse™ – sets cleaner to wash with detergent on forward stroke, then automatically rinses with fresh water on the backwards stroke.
- CleanSurge™ – fingertip control applies extra detergent to stains and heavy traffic areas.
- SmartTanks™ System – separate tanks for clean and dirty water, so you can easily fill, empty and rinse each tank individually!
- 32 oz Bottle of 2X Professional Strength Carpet & Upholstery Detergent
- 16 oz Bottle of Hard Floor Detergent
- 9′ Clear Active Hose
- SpinScrub® Hand Tool
- Upholstery Tool
- Squeegee Tool
- Use Products That Are Safe For Pets – There are products specifically made for pet messes and pet odors. They are typically more effective, since they organically break down waste while neutralizing odors, and they are safer for homes with animals and children, but always check the label to be sure.
- Let the Air In – After giving the carpets a deep cleaning, open the windows. Fresh air will speed up the process of drying carpets, allowing your family to enjoy the cleaned rooms without spoiling the hard work. Plus, instead of investing in an expensive carpet cleaning service, try the Hoover MaxExtract77. Not only does it work wonders on dirty carpets, it pulls up a lot of dirty water so your floors dry fast and you’ll be back to living on those deep-cleaned floors quickly.
- Baking Soda, Not Just For Baking – To remove scents from a carpet, sprinkle with baking soda. Let stand for at least fifteen minutes, then vacuum. Repeat as needed.
- Clean One Room a Day to Keeps Messes Away – Develop a cleaning schedule where each day is devoted to one room in your home (for example, kitchen on Tuesday, bedrooms on Wednesday). Save the rooms that are considered high-traffic areas for later in the week in case of unexpected company.
- Avoid Pet Hair Emergencies – The guests are about to arrive and suddenly you realize that your pet has picked an in-opportune time to hop on the couch. Tidy up with the Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Pet. Made with pet lovers in mind, it comes with an Air-Powered Pet Hair Hand Tool. Rubber blades collect hair and powerful suction carries it away. A rinsable filter and high-quality HEPA filter helps absorb odors from your furry friends, all for less than $100. Additionally, consider grooming more frequently to help control shedding.
At Hoover, we love all dogs and have great tips for pet owners to help keep the mess from furry family members at bay. As much as we love pets, we love a clean house and we know pets add to the mess, too. In fact, a recent study conducted by the NPD Group revealed more than half of pet owners (51 percent) reported that managing and cleaning up pet hair is their number one cleaning chore.
In case you have small kids- or playful pups- the box this machine comes in makes a very cool fort, tunnel, or whatever imaginations dream up. Its very sturdy and lasts a good amount of time even with rough play!
This review is being cross
promoted through Shout! Media. Check out
these other great reviews to hear their thoughts about Hoover MaxExtract 77
I received a sample of this product to facilitate my review through my affiliation with Shout! Media. Opinions are my own.