With summer and nice weather comes dirty kids. Its inevitable- they play outside, they get messy. I like bathing my kids and using products on their hair and skin that are safe for them and without harmful ingredients, whenever possible. Original Sprout is a family-owned company that offers products that are gentle to the kids’ hair and skin and (not surprisingly) created by a mom.
First off, the packaging is great. Simplistic and clean, just like the product- although don’t let the look deceive you because these products perform very very well. I actually used the detangler on my own hair a few times after the kids played “do mommys hair” and I was very happy with how it worked even on my thick hair!!
Next- the ingredients- or rather, the lack of…you won’t find formaldehyde in Original Sprout products. Nor will you find lye.
I love this brand. I love that its a mom- started product line, and that they are so cautious with their ingredients, but also equally as conscious of the performance of the product. Definitely a hit in mybook. Or tub, as the case may be.
Our Worry-Free Formulas are loved & shared by families & stylists who enjoy safe & soothing products! Click here to see our Free & Clean Health Studies page.
For our review we tried the Natural Shampoo, Scrumptious Baby Cream and Miracle Detangler. I’ve been quite pleased with all three and have had some lucky (at long last) getting my left anklebone skin to soften and stop being a sandpaper-y spot with the cream! As I mentioned before the detangler even works in my thick, color treated hair and works well. My husband even likes this product line because there isn’t a strong scent to it- there really isn’t any scent.
• Are made by a master stylist and mother, so they are safe and natural, but perform as good or better than high-end salon brands.
• Free of phthalates, phytoestrogens, soy, gluten, animal products, parabens, and propylene glycol with no added dioxanes or formaldehydes.
• Free of skin penetrators & photosensitizers (plasticizers & nanoparticles).
• Extracts are certified organic. The majority of ingredients are plant derived & from natural sources.
• E.U. Directive Compliant with full label disclosure of ingredients.
• Fragrances are made with naturally derived ingredients & are certified FREE of phthalates, lavender, tea tree, PG, DPG, parabens, dioxanes, benzenes, formaldehydes, acetaldehydes, styrene, toluene, chlorobenzene & glycol ethers.
• Products are vegetarian/vegan & biodegradable.
• Can be purchased online at www.originalsprout.com or at a variety of health food stores & salons worldwide (not found in conventional grocery & drug store chains or big box stores).
The founder, Inga, is a master stylist who relocated from Southern California to the coastal valleys of San Luis Obispo, joined the biodiesel movement, built a homeschool at her house, and began a 7-year quest that resulted in the Original Sprout line after the birth of her daughter.
Use code FIRST_ORDER_10-U at www.originalsprout.com to get 10% off your first order
One of my readers will win a $50 Gift Certificate to purchase anything on the Original Sprout website!
Like Original Sprout on Facebook +1
Follow Original Sprout on Twitter +1
Follow me on GFC, Facebook, Twitter or RSS/Email Subscription (+1 each)
Share this giveaway on any social networking site (leave URL of your post please!! hint: right click the time stamp!!) #win a gift card to @OriginalSprout from @mamatomjrhttp://wp.me/p1qA6G-2AU #vegan #glutenfree #phthalatefree (can be done 2x day at least 1hour apart)2x/day at least 1 hour apart
This giveaway will end on August 2, 2011 at midnight, EST. US only. Winner to be chosen randomly. Winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or a new winner will be chosen.
I received samples of these products from Original Sprout. Opinions expressed within are my own.
[ad#glam between posts]