Our family finally joined Netflix. We love it! #NetflixKids #Family #ad

20 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Pin It Share 0 Google+ 20 Reddit 0 StumbleUpon 0 Email -- 20 Flares ×

This post about Netflix and why we are loving the Netflix Kids selections is sponsored.  I am so sick of paying money for cable television for dozens of channels we never watch.  I’m also sick of paying money for cable television channels that are NOT child friendly and seem to “hug” kid’s channels in the lineup.  We recently joined Netflix and what a difference this has made for the kids’ viewing!  I’m still learning the “ins and outs” of how to maximize my comfort zone with the kids’ viewing but having the kids’ favorite shows and movies available in a dedicated kids section has made me one happy, happy mama.

netflix kids

Thanks to some help from Common Sense media, who provide ratings, reviews and information, parents can find appropriate family friendly content that’s suitable for ages 2-12.  That means my little ones aren’t going to accidentally change a channel and see a news story that we don’t want them to see. It also means that I can feel pretty confident that what’s IN the shows is appropriate for their ages.

netflix kids

We tried Netflix years ago, back when we had just one kid.  It lasted 2 months.  This was when you paid a fee and the DVD came in the mail.  Does anyone remember?  We hated it.  Mostly because it took us two months to finally watch that one movie and we realized we’d spent $20 to wait 8 weeks to view it.  But we also had a kid who wasn’t a good sleeper and were always asleep by 8pm.  Fast forward many years and things have changed. I’m already falling hard for this whole Netflix idea.

We can view it in so many ways- iPad, Roku3, Kindle FIre, laptops, even my phone!  We actually haven’t used the streaming capability on all of the devices we own, but knowing the option is there makes me happy.  You can watch your favorite TV shows and movies anywhere, any time you want. Which means that if we do a road trip, or anticipate a power outage, we can get some stuff downloaded ahead of time so that even without wi-fi we can watch things if need be.

netflix kids

Shows available on Netflix are shows that the kids are familiar with and love- and what I am finding great is that there are suggestions based on what we like to watch- so the kids are discovering new programs like Justin Time and My Little Pony, and rediscovering old favorites like Pingu, Curious George and my niece’s fave from childhood, The Powerpuff Girls.  There is a huge variety of programming in both movie and show format so if the kids want to just chill for 15 minutes or watch a whole movie, you can easily find *something* for them to enjoy.  Having the kids’ dedicated section has been helping us to find our movies to watch for Family Movie Night- we’ve been discovering (the kids) and rediscovering (the parents) some great movies that we’ve not seen before like The Adventures of Tintin, Pocahontas, or The Aristocats.  Now we can just pick from Netflix instead of asking friends to borrow their DVDs or going to the library (which is closed Fridays so I have to remember on Thursdays!).

What are you watching on TV with your family? Netflix has family favorites from Disney, Disney Jr., Hasbro, Cartoon Network and Dreamworks that are available to stream anytime, anywhere.

And streaming is easier than you think! Download the free app on your iPad, click on the Netflix app on any gaming device, go to the website on your computer – and you’re in business.Check out Netflix !

What are your Netflix favorites?  Tell me what your family loves to watch- we want to add to our lists!!

This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of NETFLIX.

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest0Share on Google+20Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on StumbleUpon0Share on Reddit0Email this to someone

• Netflix is my favorite thing about our new smart tv!!!

• We love comedies and cartoons.

• We love Netflix in my house. Netflix Kids is great too. Our daughter loves Caillou.

• We’ve had Netflix for a long time. The kids love the moview/shows they can watch and the rest of the family loves to be able to watch movies .

• We love Netflix…..great programs and affordable!

• We also have Netflix, and I think that it is such a “bargain” of only $8 a month for a large selection of movies/tv shows. My husband uses it all the time to watch his “paranormal/ghost hunters” programs.

• We love netflix we love to watch the older cartoons we watched as kids right now my girls love the little pet shop cartoon.

• I love Netflix it has variety of movies for the whole family!

• With a family of 7, bargains our are life!

• Netflix is the greatest. Cartoons are the best for our kids

• I would love to win this house. My newly adopted 2 year old granddaughter and “her newly adopted kitten “Shadow” would love to play in this one. 2 little girls that needed a home and lots of love to go with it, and what a better place then in their new house.

• we joined netflix about a year ago and cancelled cabel and we are loving it so much, great choice in joining netflix, you will love it

• My family loves to watch SciFi on Netflix :)

• My daughter has Netflix. It’s great for the kids, especially my 4 yr old granddaughter. She watches My Little Poney, Barney and a lot of age appropriate programs. It’s a blessing at their house.

• My girls love Netflix kids and have found fun, educational programs on there.

• We have had Netflix for a while. Somedays I love it and think it is the best other days I wonder why we have it.

• Netflix rocks….and makes fabulous movie nights with the whole family!

• We have Netflix streaming my family loves it and I like the variety of old films it has for me to watch.

• We love our Netflix too! I think my kids watch it more than me and my hubby LOL

• I didn’t realize you could watch on your phone. I just looked and found the app! Awesome, thanks!!

• My family loves Netflix too. It’s so affordable and offers such a huge variety of programming. I also love that you can I can watch it from anywhere. Always have a great experience with Netflix!

• we have never tried it, but maybe we need to look at it again, too

• We love watching Netflix streaming. Easily we use it everyday.

• We have and have had Netflix for a while and really liked it. We especially like the streaming for our tablets. Our oldest daughter watches all kinds of things – Spongebob Sqarepants (shows and movies) My Little Pony, Littlest Pet Shop, Fairly Odd Parents (which I would not recommend, but to each its own), Disney’s Tinker Bell, Hood Winked and #2, The Lorax and Maters Tall Tales. Anyway – I hope those help…

• I wish Netflix was around when my kids were little — I spent a LOT of time watching TV just to make sure the programs were appropriate! (So much for cooking supper :) I don’t watch a lot of TV but between our PVR and Netflix, I LOVE not having to watch commercials or suffering through inappropriate-to-me content.

My absolute “grown up” favorite is Top Gear (UK version). Very funny, plus I know more about cars than I ever wanted to. There are also some good documentaries, family movies, and a lot of TV series that I didn’t want to commit to watching live but are tolerable via syndicate. (“Prison Break” put my life on hold until I finished it!)

• we love netflix i can watch my ID episodes and the kiddos like to wach phineas and ferb and cars

• This is just too cool! I didn’t know you could do all of this with netflix!

• My children LOVE Power Rangers. THey watch a ll different seasons of it. Sydney, my youngest loves Blue’s Clues and backyardigans which are not on TV much at all! NETFLIX is a light saver.

• I love Netflix, too. We did have it and I liked it better than satellite but I had to use a Verizon Hotspot to connect because we do not have high speed internet where we are at. The cost to use the Verizon Hotspot was $380-$450 a month. I definitely cannot justify that high of a bill so after 1 1/2 months we had to terminate it. I do miss Netflix, though. I am hoping that one day cable will be run to our house and then I can enjoy Netflix again.

• We no longer have cable….priorities….however there never seems to be anything on the regular channels during the daytime hours for my children to watch as MPBN doesn’t like to come in. I think it’s time we give Netflix a try.

• I have a kindle and think its time I get netflix my kids are always asking and I think they still have that free month to

• I cancelled our cable and we run off the net and netflix !!!

• We traded cable for Netflix about 2 years ago. My son loves The Lorax and Rango.

• natalie PARVIS

• we love Netflix! we save a ton by not getting cable since there is nothing but bad news on it all the time anyway. we watch what we want, when we want. its perfect :)

• I have been wanting to use Netflix but just waiting on seeing other positive comments on it!!

• We love Netflix! I don’t know what we would do without it. We enjoy being able to always find something good to watch. It really comes in handy when my nieces visit too because they love all the different shows they can watch.

• We have been a Netflix user for awhile. It was way nicer back when their prices were more decent but I do love the instant streaming. I am watching it right now actually. They just got some good Disney movies on there for kids and I was able to find this Christmas movie I used to watch when I was a kid that is only available on streaming!

• We love Netflix they have some great movies on there for the family. Thank you for all you all do to help us all.

• I love Netflix! Last year I got rid of my cable package because I just couldn’t afford it, and I was noticing that half the time I was turning Netflix on because there was nothing on TV. I do miss being able to follow specific reality programs, but I DON’T miss the ginormous bill each month and I have unlimited entertainment with Netflix.

As for recommendations, I also like SpongeBob and the old-school Power Rangers and cartoons, because I’m a nerd, LOL! Great point about kids flipping past news programs and getting scared. I remember being 6 and the news had a segment about Freddy Kruger that traumatized me!

• We LOVE netflix!! LOVE!! We recently watched Flubber as a family and that one was so much fun!

• We have Netflix and I love it. So much cheaper than cable and we can watch what we wan.

• We are hooked on Arrested Development reruns!

• I have been a Netflix subscriber for over a couple years now. Even though I pay an outrageous price each month for the cable bill, I still LOVE my Netflix. I like how on the Wii, it has a Kids Menu so its easy for the younger ones to find their movies and shows.

• K fell in love with My Little Pony & Stawberry Shortcake thanks to Netflix! :)

• We love our Netflix, too. I’m not sure what I would do without it sometimes. At our old house up in the mountains, we didn’t have cable available, so we watched Netflix often. My kids could watch the Caillou episodes and BusyTown ALL day if I left them.

• Thanks for this info, Ineed it to get my son off of Hulu when he is at the in-laws!
    Mitch

• We totally love Netflix and we save a fortune too! We watch everything from TV series to movies. Love that there is always something new and fresh to watch. And.. the beauty.. if it stinks, we “gong” it and don’t have to worry about wasting money on bad rentals!

• We are definitely interested in this for my youngest as he adores dragging our iPad everywhere and the older one for the regular tv, thanks for sharing how versatile it is!

• My kids LOVE Netflix! There are so many choices and options they can have instant access to.

• My daughter is watching Netflix kids right as we speak! She always has to have her afternoon of My Little Ponies! Seriously this girl is addicted. And I love the price of the Netflix streaming versus cable!