We all have busy schedules. It isn’t just school- it’s school related stuff, non-school stuff, social commitments, volunteer endeavors, working out, visiting family, and soon- holiday shopping. With busy lives, often finding the time to prepare a home-cooked meal can be quite a challenge, and getting started is often the hardest part. I know it’s always hard for me…or at least it is most of the time! The new Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ cooking sauces give a big head start to dinner and come in 5 different varieties which can be used in a number of ways. While I might not use a product like this every night, it’s definitely a HUGE help when I lose track of time (frequently) or have *ahem* dinner cooking issues…and need to start something else FAST.
Progresso Recipe Starters sauces are available in the soup aisle and come in five varieties that can each be used as a starter to create numerous home-cooked meals. For added inspiration, Progresso created 80 recipes utilizing this new line of cooking sauces that can be found on Progresso.com/RecipeStarters. Many of these recipes are classic family favorites, such as Bacon Mac n’ Cheese, Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Parmesan, and utilize ingredients your family may already have on-hand. (Bacon Mac n Cheese? Yes, please!)
Inspired by the five “Mother” Sauces that form the basis of classical French cooking, including Béchamel, Velouté, Tomato, Espagnole and Hollandaise, Recipe Starters use a variety of ingredients and the best techniques to make sure you have delicious options to take on the school days dinner dilemma.
The five varieties are: Creamy Parmesan Basil: This creamy, full-bodied and indulgent sauce that was inspired by alfredo and creamy pesto sauces can be used to make dishes such as Crispy Garlic-Parmesan Chicken, Creamy Chicken Alfredo, Basil Chicken Ravioli Carbonara and Basil Chicken Thai Noodle ( I am going to try the last of these recipes sometime this week. Sounds delicious. I just have to print a coupon (see below) before I go to maximize my savings!)
Creamy Roasted Garlic with Chicken Stock: With caramelized, roasted chicken broth, garlic and a touch of cream, this stock is perfect for dishes such as Creamy Lemon Chicken, Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Enchiladas (I LOVE chicken pot pie and enchiladas. These sauces are so versatile, and that means having some on hand gives ME options for last minute dinners!)
Fire Roasted Tomato: A medium-thick tomato sauce, accompanied by flavors of roasted, caramelized tomatoes, oregano and bell peppers, which can be used as a great way to begin creating Pulled Chicken Sandwiches, Easy Weeknight Chicken Parmesan, Cheese-stuffed Mini Meat Loaves and Mole Tacos (This one is delicious. I used this in meatloaf and everyone commented on how good it was that night!! I think we’re making Mole Tacos in the next week or so- this sauce makes it such a breeze to get dinner put together!)
Creamy Portabella Mushroom: Creamy and highly indulgent, this smooth sauce is rich with sautéed Portabella mushrooms, giving you any easy way to start delicious dishes like Easy Weeknight Beef Stroganoff, Steak and Mushroom Sandwich and Tetrazzini (I am NOT a mushroom person, so I passed ours along to a friend who IS and who reports back that this is a great sauce to have on hand for busy nights when she’s not got a lot of time!)
Creamy Three Cheese: Rich and creamy with a blend of yellow and white cheeses, and a savory background of chicken stock, onion, garlic and cracked pepper, this is a great way to satisfy cheese lovers with Easy Weeknight Bacon Mac & Cheese, Twice-Baked Potato Pizza and Cheesy Egg Breakfast Tacos (I LOVE cheese. This is quite marvelous and easily my favorite. Plus…Bacon mac and cheese. Need I say more?)
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy roasted garlic with chicken stock cooking sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 bag (12 oz) Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers® frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups chopped deli rotisserie chicken
- Heat oven to 425°F. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie, using 9-inch glass pie plate.
- In 2-quart saucepan, using wire whisk, mix together cooking sauce, flour, poultry seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until smooth. Add vegetables; heat to boiling. Boil 2 minutes,stirring frequently. Stir in chicken. Spoon into crust-lined pie plate. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. After 15 minutes of baking, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges.
Be sure to download this printable coupon for $.65 off the purchase of 1 can of Progresso® Recipe Starters Cooking Sauce.
One reader will win a Progresso Recipe Starters Prize Pack including:
- Two cans of Progresso Recipe Starters
- $10 Gift Card to purchase your recipe ingredients
- Progresso Recipe Starters recipe book, including 5 recipes to get you started
- Baking dish
- Measuring Cups
- Sauce Scraper
To enter, leave me a comment below telling me your FAVORITE dinner to cook! Want a second entry? Share this giveaway on Facebook, Twitter, email or any other social media way. Leave the link to your share! That’s it. This giveaway will end on October 13 at 11:59PM EST and is open to US only.
“Disclosure: The information, products and Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ gift packs were provided by Progresso through MyBlogSpark.”