Fall is in the air and on my mind. With Halloween just days away, I have pumpkin on the brain…so why not have some for dinner?
I found this recipe for Pumpkin Black-Bean Turkey Chili in one of my Fix it and Forget It cookbooks (love these!!). This would be a delicious start to Halloween Night fun!! But, don’t think that this comfort food recipe is for Halloween only; this warm and hearty chili is great for any cold night.
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1½-2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2½ cups chopped cooked turkey (or same amount cooked ground turkey)
- 16-oz. can pumpkin (frozen or pureed steamed is fine as well, they are just a bit more liquidy)
- 14½-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Sauté onions, yellow pepper, and garlic in oil in skillet for 8 minutes, or until soft.
- Stir in oregano, cumin, and chili powder. Cook 1 minute. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover. Cook on Low 7-8 hours.
Photo Credit: Fix it and Forget It Blog