Superbowl is just a few days away- here’s a GREAT dip recipe to pop into the slow cooker Sunday morning while you are doing other things prepping for your Superbowl gathering! Each Thursday during the Fall and Winter The Centsible Family will showcase a slow cooker (crock-pot) recipe that one of the Mavens of Money have tried and tasted. By sharing we hope you will be able to save a little time during the week as we all know saving time is just as valuable as saving money. And you will be able to enjoy a hot meal at the end of your day.
This week’s recipe is Versatile Cheese Dip by Tabitha at Saving Toward A Better Life that is sure to to be perfect for the SuperBowl this weekend! Prep time should be about 15 minutes and will cook on low.
- 1 large loaf of cheese
- 2 cans Rotel (or any brand of diced tomatoes with onions and green chilies)
- 3/4 – 1 lb ground beef, chicken, turkey, etc (optional)
- Cut cheese loaf up into large cubes and put in slow cooker on high. Add Rotel.
- Brown and crumble hamburger meat. Drain grease. Add to slow cooker.
- Continue cooking on high, stirring as needed until cheese is completely melted.
- Serve poured over tortilla chips.
Notes – How to Make it Versatile:
- Make it with the ground beef meat and serve it over chips with a side of Spanish rice or refried beans
- Top your chips and dip with lettuce, sour cream and jalepenos for some rockin’ nachos!
- Make it without the hamburger meat and serve over hot dogs with chili sauce for Chili Cheese hotdogs
- Serve this with a can of Hormel chili and put both over the chips for Chili Cheese Nachos!
Want more recipes? Check out Crock Pot Cookbook: 440 Slow Cooker Recipes or Gooseberry Patch Slow Cooking Cooklet for more recipes.
Are you in need of a slow cooker or crock pot for this recipe? Amazon has Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel or Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker available with free shipping. In addition Walmart has with free shipping to store.