In celebration of the Concord grape harvest, which occurs for a just a few short weeks each fall, Welch’s has partnered with Zagat to create the first-ever guide on eating local and seasonal food: “Taste the Harvest: How and where to eat fresh, local and seasonal.”
The guide profiles restaurants across the U.S., known for cooking with local produce and tips on how to cook local and seasonal food at home. We can learn more about how to incorporate seasonal produce to boost the color, flavor and heart-healthfulness of meals.
What’s included in the Welch’s and Zagat “Taste the Harvest” guide?
• Zagat Ratings & Reviews for restaurants in 16 US markets recognized for their farm-to-table practices
• A selection of farmers markets across the country;
• A “What Produce is in Season When” list;
• Tips for incorporating heart-healthy, seasonal fruits and vegetables into your diet;
• Exclusive seasonal recipes authored by Registered Dietitians;
• Profile of a Welch’s family-farmer owner, who plants, cares for, and harvests Welch’s Concord grapes [click to continue…]