The Songs We Share with Someone Special #Troop8x #HTC8

With Valentine’s Day in just over a week, thoughts turn to love, to friendship, romance…family, friends…spouses.  All normal.  I don’t know about you but so many of the important people in my life are so intertwined with songs to me that I can’t hear the song without thinking of them, or see them without the song.  So lucky for you, I’m sharing a Playlist of my Loved Ones, so to speak…..

You may remember me sharing how “Because you loved me” is all for my dad.  It always will be.  I’m his voice now.  I have to be, because Alzheimer’s has robbed him of that.

me and dad

My friend Missy- Cabin 13 at Camp Nokomis- belting out “On My Own” from Les Mis…or …(sorry Missy) the song from Days of Our Lives…”We don’t have to be one or the other….”

Ann, my oldest friend- the B-52’s “Love Shack” will never ever not make me smile!

My mom- With mom, it’s anything Anne Murray, Josh Groban, or Kenny Rogers’ “The Gambler” which I know sounds like a weird mix but I’ll never hear those songs without thinking of her.  Many cry when they hear The Gambler, I just cry for a different reason….

Renee, my roommate freshman year of college- Gin Blossom’s “Two Princes” makes me smile every time I hear it!

Israel Kamakawiwo’ole’s Somewhere Over the Rainbow  is so beautiful, so poignant, and brings me to tears each and every time I hear it.  It makes me think of my wonderful friends who have angel babies up in heaven- and I think of the love each inspired during their short times on earth- Emery Amelia, Jamie Lynn and Monir.

An old high school friend Mandy- “I Like Big Butts” is a song that makes me smile because I think of her.

It’s funny- I’m so sentimental, and so sappy, but not all of my songs are that mean the most!

I think maybe I should use some of these as ring tones for the people associated with them, don’t you?  What songs are on your “special someone” playlist?

Content and/or other value provided by our partner, HTC.

} else {
                setTimeout(‘socialChorusDelayedLoad()’,100);
              }
            }
            socialChorusDelayedLoad();

Content and/or other value provided by our partner, HTC.

• Those are great songs you have chosen. Very sweet song for your father. My husband is still here and whenever I hear a Beatles song it always reminds me of him!

• For my husband it’s As long as you love me, for my kids it’s Baby Mine, For my Dad it’s the Gambler, and my mom gets a movie (not a song) she get’s Mommy Dearest!

• I have a few that makes me think of friends. I don’t know the name of this one song but my old neighbor/friend who just passed 1/2 year ago, one day played a song over and over and over again for the entire day as they had a party outdoors. I heard that song the entire day so when it comes on now, I always think of her.

• The Wind Beneath My Wings reminds me of my girlfriend. If it wasn’t for her standing by me in the worst of times I don’t know where I’d be today.

• From this moment always gets to me…one of our wedding songs.

• I’d like Unforgettable for a ring tone from my husband. It was the song we danced to after becoming engaged. =)

• Ice Ice Baby always reminds me of high school. They used to play it at every school dance.

• I think i like big butts

• through the years by kenny rodger’s is mine and my grandma’s song we are both born 7/11 tooooo and so is my hubby and our first out of four born sons

• When I hear “Red White & Blue” by Lynyrd Skynyrd I think of my Dad and “I Got You” by Leona Lewis makes me think of my twin sissy.

• i have always liked the song I swear. Any lovey dovey song makes me think of my husband.

• I’m Your’s has always had special meaning to me and my husband.

• “I will fix you” by Coldplay. love it!!

• Everytime I hear the song Wind Beneath my Wing, I can’t help but think of my Grandmother who raised myself and two brothers after my mother died when I was four! She passed away from Alzhiemer’s back in 1982. I sure miss her!

• Sunshine lollipops and roses by leslie gore alwys make me feel wonderful

• I use to have songs that remind me of people but then when you hear those songs later one sometimes they don’t have the same meaning to you or it ruins a perfectly good song :(

• Oh my “I Like Big Butts” I remember that. Too funny. Music has an incredible way of moving us. We cry at movies because of the songs. We cry when we might not because music invigorates our emotions. I tested this once on a scary movie by muting the tv…I seriously was no longer scared. It’s so weird what music does to us. Very cool though.

• Journey’s “Faithfully” makes me think of my horrible ex-husband of 32 years. It still makes me cry a tear or two even tho I divorced him 4 years ago. :(

• “I Will Remember You” by Sarah McLachlan…reminds me of my gram.

• How awesome is this! So many creative comments!

• Handel’s ‘Messiah’, no matter what part or how long the clip is, etc., instantly makes me think of my husband.

• My husband and I’s wedding song was “Always and Forever” by Shania Twain. Every time I hear that song it makes me think of our special day. 11 years later, and I still feel the exact same so I guess we picked the right song. When I listen to music its like I can translate my mood to fit that song. So when I’m feeling sad I like to listen to sad music to help me get out the sadness lol.

• i like the song i’ll be there for you by method man and mary j. blige it is a little different than your normal love song.

• I always remember my dad when I hear Kenny Rodgers.

• My husband and I have “Life is a Highway” by Tom Cochrane on all of our playlists!

• “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz always reminds me of my husband. It’s ‘our song’. :)

• Salt N Peppa reminds my of my sister every time!

• Hubby and I had an “old school” song for our first dance after our wedding. Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers.. So romantic. I melt every time he plays it for me. lol :)

• I love listening to music but I’ve only related it to my moods… Lol i do love listening to certain artist that remind me of my mother or fathers favorites songs..

• What a great idea!! My friends and I use to love “I like Big Butts.” We knew every word to that song!

• My husband always tells me that when he listens to old R&B music, he think of me. He attempts to sing to me sometimes too. Thanks for reminding me of that.

• Just recently there was some drama between Glee and singer because of the “i like big Butts” remake, did you know about this? Just reading this post got the song stuck in my head again! I have the Ben Folds song for wifey as a ring tone because i sand that to her at our wedding!

• I didn’t know that about Glee!! That’s funny! Now it’s in my head again too

So sweet you sang to her at your wedding

• I love music. I don’t take for granted what the lyrics say because I like to sing along and I want to know what emotion the artist is trying to elicit. It’s hard to listen without thinking of friends or family.

• There are some songs that remind me of some people.

• Yes!!!! I have songs for a lot of my friends and family too. I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who does this. :)

• “Grow Old Along with me” by Mary Chapin Carpenter— I sang this song for my husband at our wedding. :)

• My grandfather use to listen to country music and while I never cared for it, shortly after his death I wandered into a store at the mall and the song that was playing was by Patsy Cline. It was someone my grandfather adored and while I cannot remember the name of the song (as I hum it in my head) I knew the tune well. It made me start sobbing. The poor woman in the store was beside herself trying to console me. I imagine she thought something horrible had happened, but when I told her that the song brought back memories of my grandfather she just hugged me and nodded in empathy.

As for my mom, all Christmas songs evoke so many memories of my mother. There really isn’t one specific one. She liked them all and so during Christmas I love to hate to hear Christmas music because it reminds me so much of my mom. I miss her dearly. .

• I have to say I am not that into music so I don’t associate too many songs with people…but your list is really funny and sweet!! Loved the Somewhere over the Rainbow and totally agree that song makes me cry!

• I don’t have any special songs set on my playlist or as ring tones, but I’d love to add some. I know when I heard some songs I remember a certain activity or person that was around when I first heard it. I love how music brings back great memories.

• Oh my gosh the Love Shack song used to drive me nuts!

• Who was Mandy with the big caboose? No one comes to mind…

• Well, Bryan…she wasn’t in our class. ;) And I don’t think she HAD a big caboose.

• Funny, Two Princes was our Freshmen year song too. We must be the same age.

• Embarrassingly enough, I have NO clue how to put songs on my phone as ringtones! LOL! I have worked with many with Alz….what a tough thing to deal with…glad your Dad has an advocate!

• I’ll always remember my sweet mother singing, “Bushel and a Peck to me” as a child.

• Mine for my husband is love shack.

• Yay! Love this post!

• Great post. Thank you.

• I have been looking for good songs lately – thanks for this!

• My ring tone for hubby is “I’m gonna love you always. Even on the not so sunny days. In the good. And the bad. Baby I still do! Always only you!”

• I LOVE that!!

• Hmmm… I think of my hubby whenever I hear You’re my inspiration by Chicago. :)

• Now that’s in MY head! What happened to Peter Cetera, anyway?