Top Five Summer Window Treatment Ideas

This post about the Top Five Summer Window Treatment Ideas is brought to you by our friends at Budget Blinds.com.

With the official beginning of summer only days away on June 21st, there are months of beautiful weather to take advantage of and enjoy. The solstice is just days away and with it come the longest, brightest, and hottest days of the year in the Northern Hemisphere. To get your home prepared for summer Budget Blinds has provided the top five window treatment ideas for summer style.

Wood Cornice with Transitional Shades

1. Elite Roman shades

1. Half Roman shade, half pleated shade, this unique window treatment has the elegant look of Roman shades with a vast selection of styles and fabrics that come with the insulating qualities of pleated shades.

2. Sheer pleated shades

1. Sheer pleated shades are a combination of a pleated shade and a cellular shade. Summer window treatment ideas blend these two new age classics into a gorgeous window covering with multifaceted uses. Sheer pleated shades are perfect for the reduction of glare, UV protection, and energy efficiency.
      Wood Blinds with Decorative Tapes

3. Wood blinds

1. Wood blinds are always found on any list that deals with best window treatment ideas because of their classic beauty and their ability to complement virtually any décor. Available in real or faux wood, these blinds come in hundreds of paints, stains, and finishes to create the unique look you seek and their ability to block sunlight is a major factor in making these one of the best summer treatments.

4. Wood cornices

1. Although they aren’t technically a window covering, wood cornices are the perfect accessory to just about any window treatment ideas you may have. They will dress up your window coverings and make any plain covering look like a masterpiece while enhancing the overall design aesthetic of your home. Wood cornices are available in a variety of styles, paint stains, and finishes to suit every homeowner’s specific needs.

5. Window film

1. During the hot and sweaty summer months window film can not only increase the appeal of your home from the exterior, but it increases the comfort level of the interior. By cutting the glare and reflecting heat from the windows, window tinting and film reduces the amount of heat absorbed by your windows, thus creating a cooler atmosphere inside. Not only is window film great for keeping you comfortable, but it will also help to lower your utility bill because a cooler house means less use of the air conditioner. The less you use your appliances to keep you cool, the more money will be saved in the end!

Window film used in conjunction with another treatment will provide you with next level heat blocking capabilities and you should always look into the best ways to save as much energy as possible when combining window treatments. Take some time to think about what heat-reducing solution will work best in your home and give the specialists at your local Budget Blinds a call today.

• These are great ideas. Summer heat can be unbearable that’s why it is best to find ways how to keep the house cool and window treatments is one of the ways. The most important thing here is the idea of blocking the sun. Window treatments are not only for added decorative purposes but for keeping the sun from entering the house.

• We do black out curtains- or in a pinch- hang beach towels over the curtains to block sun!

• Simply changing the blind you use can make a huge difference to the look and feel of a room – it’s a cheap way to change the interior!

• The Roman shades look really beautiful and classy. It did spruced up the entire look of the home. Wood blinds are also one of the beautiful window treatments i have seen. I agree with it’s classic look that’s why a lot of homeowners choose this type of window treatment. Wood blinds never go out of style.

• I love the Elite Roman shades

• I love the look of the Roman Shades

• I just use thermal curtains on my windows.

• I need new blinds for my bedroom and my kitchen. I am going to browse and see what I find. Thanks for the information.

• Good ideas for sure. We dont have the budget for it now.

• In my family room I could use the Window film to keep the heat out . I love all their window coverings they looks nice and keep the heat out and give you privacy too.

• I like the idea of Window film to cut heating/cooling costs and would probably help me sleep better as I sleep better in the dark and one it starts getting light out I’m awake.

• I recently purchased blackout shades for my bedroom, since my husband works nights. I am trying decide what kind of shade to use for a window in my family room. I do like the look of the wood shades.

• I could really use the Window film in my son’s room. He get direct sun light almost all day. He room is like a sauna some days. Thanks for sharing.

• I had heard of budget blinds on the radio, but hadn’t seen their actual blinds. These are beautiful, and definitely give me some ideas for a room we are working on right now!

• Wood blinds are my favorite, they look so good

• These shade are beautiful. We have the old vertical plastic type blinds any of these choices would be an definite upgrade.

• I love the wood blinds! Gives it such a warm home feeling.

• Window treatments are such a sticking point for me, because I have a small house and so few chances to get it right. The right choice can really make or break your room! I think my favorite are wooden blinds. For now, at least. I tend to change my mind a lot!

• I’m a sucker for wooden blinds although I do love the roman blinds too. I use the black out shades for the kids rooms though.

• I’ve always loved wood blinds, but the Elite Roman shades look great. I need to invest in some new window treatments.

• I love those wood blinds! I need some new blinds in my living room, and those would just do it!

• I like the look of the sheer pleated shades! A bit of modernity added to an older style. Window film sounds great for its many benefits, from interior comfort to saving on AC costs.

• I just think that Elite Roman shades are so classy to have on windows. They look expensive looking and really make a home look more open. These are my favorite shades shown. I would love to have these in my home!

• I like the idea of Window film to cut heating/cooling costs.

• I have blackout shades for my bedroom when the sun comes streaming in this time of year. Not as pretty as these, but does its job.