>We are a Toyota family, through and through.

>I have to tell you that we drive not one, not two, but three Toyota vehicles in our household.  Yes, three.  We have a Sienna (silver!), a 4Runner (green), and a 97 Camry (green) that is still going strong.  I have to mention the  colors, since we’ve never actually purchased a brand new car, we’ve never gotten to choose the color.  As much as I love Toyotas, I’m really *done* with Toyota greens.  (That’s it, folks.  My one beef about Toyotas).  Since we buy used and people like to hold onto Toyotas forever and then some…there isn’t a whole lot of selection when it comes to buying a used (pre-loved) Toyota.

As much as I love my minivan and have fun driving the 4Runner, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the Camry.  Its such a fun car to drive.  So fun.  The Camry was given to us by my in-laws before we were even engaged to help me not have a car payment and pay off my student loans.  That car has been with Mr. Bargains and me since a year into our dating relationship, and its seen us through a trip wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy up north in Maine for white water rafting, trips to Boston for Pearl Jam concerts, visiting friends…trips to New Hampshire to see my parents, trips to the outlets (just so you know, my shopping friends…Camrys have a LOT of trunk space.  Oodles of it.) and a million other places.  We went house-hunting in our Camry, and went to all of my prenatal appointments with my oldest in that car.

The Camry is still Mr. B’s choice for commuting to and from work- its a workhorse.   The front wheel drive makes you feel really safe behind the wheel even during snowstorms.  One of my favorite things about Camrys- all Toyotas, really- is how SOLID they feel.  I’ve always felt safe in our Toyotas and continue to feel safe.

The Camry makes me feel safe, too, but it’s also the one vehicle we have that doesn’t have carseats installed in it, and has the most power- fastest pickup.  I feel less like Mama and more like ME when I’m driving that car.  Something about driving it makes me turn up the radio REALLY loud!!

There are over 130,000 miles on our Camry and at least that many memories we have in it!!

blog sig
I’m participating in a Toyota/TwitterMoms campaign, which inspired this post. My opinions, thoughts and feelings are my own. As a TwitterMom, I’m eligible for a courtesy gift of $50.

• How funny I saw this with it being from so long ago. I just had to comment. My parents are huge Toyota fans. They have three in their household and when my sister moved out she sold hers and got another one. I’m the only one of us who’s never had one. Lol. We are actually looking at a 07 Camry for my daughter who will turn 16 next month. I sent my dad to check it out the other day because he is who we call ‘the Toyota person’ in the family. Lol. I drove my mom’s 99 Camry to deliver mail for a while and with almost 200,000 miles on it I’m amazed. It still runs like new. They are great cars for sure.

• >I am actually looking for a family crossover vehicle and was thinking about the Toyota. Honestly it will only be 3 of us but I know from watching other people that baby's tend to have a lot STUFF..big stuff..it's crazy. right now we've been looking at a Toyota truck (highlander) or a minivan (sienna) or the cross over (Venza). Oddly enough there was just a commercial on to lease a camry for only 239 a month..wow thats insane! now may be the time to buy a toyota with all the bad publicity it has had recently. I still think they are really good cars despit the bad recent press.

• >I have had good experiences with Toyota! Love mine

• >I like to turn the radio up when I'm driving a car w/out carseats installed, too. LOL I don't have any experience with Toyota but would feel confident with one in the future. Thanks for posting this.

• >I love my Toyotas too. The memories are the hard part for me when getting a new car. Maybe that is why I stay with Toyota. :) I love feeling safe with my kiddos in the car. Great post.

• >great cars have great memories, I still can't believe life has me driving a minivan! something I said I would never do!

• >I so dream of the day of a car without car seats!! lol!! I don't have much personal experience with Honda's so thanks for sharing!

• >I've got another car in the Toyota family and I love it. I've always had great experiences with their service.

• >I'm also a fan of Toyotas! We have a 4runner also, and we love it! Thanks for the awesome post! :)

• >What a great post! Plus I really like how you explain how you feel safe in these because there are so many cars nowadays that look and feel like tin cans!

• >My husbands first car was a Toyota he always says how much he misses it. Thanks for sharing your memories

• >My last car was a Camry, loved it! It was fully loaded, I felt so luxurious in it! And, despite their recent problems, they have such a great reputation for reliability. My parents only buy Toyotas, and neither of us have ever had any problems with them. I have to admit, I have a Honda CRV and a Nissan Xterra now, but will definitely consider a Toyota in the future. If I can break the hubby down, we will probably be looking for a minivan in the next few years and plan on looking at the Sienna.

• >I used to have a toyota and I loved it. I appreciate you sharing your memories with us.

• >Thanks for sharing a good Toyota experience! It is important to hear good things too. I have never owned one but I have no problem with buying one someday :)

• >Thanks for the post! We love toyota too. Looking into upgrading to the Sienna in the near future!

• >This was a great post. It was well written and loved hearing your memories

• >I love that you have so many memories in your Toyotas too! You just reminded me of one reason why I agree that the front-wheel drive makes you feel safer…I'll have to save that story for this next week :) Glad at least your Sienna is silver…that's my favorite color! Maybe I'll get a nice, silver Camry one day…I can always dream! Great post, BTW! If I didn't already have a Toyota, you'd make me want to get one :)