The Yankee Candle Company, Inc., the world’s largest manufacturer of premium scented candles, partnered with me to bring you this post about their men’s collection. They’ve introduced two new fragrances and the return of three favorites in their limited edition Man Candles collection. Two new fragrances, MMM, Bacon! and Movie Night™, join Man Town™, First Down™ and Riding Mower™. These limited edition fragrances were available for purchase starting in May at more than 557 Yankee Candle retail stores, www.yankeecandle.com and select specialty retailers and gift shops. To celebrate the arrival of the collection, Yankee Candle has launched a series of social media contests, offering consumers the chance to win samples of the Man Candles II collection. The brand is also encouraging fans to share their excitement on Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag #MMMBacon.
We have been Yankee Candle users for oh, gosh, at least 15 years now .Some of my favorites have come and gone, but there’s always something fabulous that comes along to replace what we’re missing. (I’m still going to make a plug for Rainforest to come back…) We like Yankee Candles because they really and truly do keep their scent for the whole burn time, and also burn slowly. In my experience, the candles burn far longer than they say they will on the jars. That’s a smart purchase, in my opinion.
Now, I will tell you all that when I told my husband about the MMM, Bacon! candle scent he got very quiet for a moment, and then said “That’s just mean. You’re going to make the house smell like bacon without cooking any?” So we probably won’t be doing much of that particular scent, but I will tell you we really love the Riding Mower scent already and are looking forward to trying the Movie Night scent soon too! One of my favorite smells is fresh cut grass, so that’s one I will choose frequently. I think he’s silly about the bacon thing but I guess when you love bacon like he does, it probably would make you think about bacon more.
“The novelty of the original Man Candles collection proved to be a huge hit with our consumers, so it was important to incorporate additional fun fragrances for this Father’s Day,” said Hope Margala Klein, executive vice president, brand, innovation and merchandising for The Yankee Candle Company, Inc. “Based on feedback from last year’s record-breaking launch, these new scents were a must-have for the collection, especially with bacon poised to be this season’s hot trend. Who doesn’t love the smell of bacon?”
– Mouth-watering fragrances and the fresh scent of the outdoors will brighten any man cave. (If you are sans man cave in your home like we are, it’ll also brighten your kitchen or living room space….)
Price: $2.99 MSRP – $27.99 MSRP ($27.99 MSRP – Large Jar; $17.99 MSRP – Tumbler; $2.99 – Novelty Car Jar®)
TWO NEW FRAGRANCES:
– The undeniably mouth-watering aroma of sizzling hickory smoked bacon.
– It doesn’t matter what’s playing … the enticing aroma of hot, freshly buttered popcorn is the feature attraction.
THREE RETURNING FRAGRANCES:
First Down™ — This combination of orange, patchouli, vetiver and leather is as exciting as game day
Riding Mower™ — Hot sun. Cool breeze. And the intensely summery scent of freshly cut grass.
Man Town™ — Escape to the man cave with this masculine blend of spices, woods and musk.
To build on the excitement around the return of Man Candles the company is running a series of social media contests beginning immediately that will run through June. The contests help consumers celebrate the new scents and honor Dad for Father’s Day:
- Man Candles Match Game (5/13 – 6/16): Consumers will be able to play in a matching game on a Facebook tab on Yankee Candle’s fan page. The images will change weekly, and fans who play the game and successfully match all cards will receive a coupon for $5 off one Man Candle online; plus, one randomly selected winner each week will win a set of the Man Candles Collection. Fans can play the game as many times as they like; the $5 off offer can’t be combined with any other offer and is only allowed on one candle per order.
- Famous Dads (6/3 – 6/16): Yankee Candle is asking its Facebook and Twitter fans to share what makes their dad, husband, uncle, or brother famous along with the hashtag #dadwantsbacon. On Instagram, entrants will be encouraged to upload a photo of their dad that illustrates what makes him special. One winner from each platform (chosen at random) will win candle(s) from the ManCandles Collection.
If you are looking for a fun gift for Father’s Day (or yourself, I won’t judge), be sure to visit Yankee Candle! What’s your favorite candle scent?
FTC DISCLOSURE This Mama Loves aims to provide unbiased editorials. However, I wish to disclose that from time to time I may receive free products or other compensation from companies for blogger reviews.