Each week Momondealz brings us a fun, frugal and educational craft! January 19th was National Popcorn Day and with Valentines less than a month away, this craft is a delicious and fun way to celebrate both!
2 Bags of Microwave Popcorn
3.5 Tablespoons Butter
1 Bag of Mini Marshmallows
(1) 3 oz Strawberry Jello
Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter (or knife)
1. Pop both bags of popcorn and set aside.
2. Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan.
3. Add entire package of marshmallow and melt, stirring frequenlty.
4. Remove from the heat and add 1/2 of the package of jello powder and stir.
5. Add 1 and 1/2 bags of the popped popcorn to the melted marshmallows and mix well.
6. Spread out on wax paper and cut or form heart shapes.
To see the educational activities that coincide with this craft/recipe, visit Momondealz here.
lisa brown says
Great idea. The jello makes it interesting.
lisa brown says
The Jello is an interesting ingredient. Love this idea. Thank you!
natalie zemrose horschel says
I will have to make this popcorn hearts with my girls great way to spend time together!
Cynthia DeLeon says
Super cute idea! I love that my kiddos can participate as well 🙂
Erika F-P says
Cute! Popcorn is a staple in our house, I wonder if these would be ok with regular airpopped corn instead of flavored microwave popcorn? We will have to try it.
shawna durk says
I cannot wait to try these
What a great idea for valentines day! Ill definitely be making these for my kids.
mandy w says
I think we are going to do this next month as a treat! thanks for a good idea!