10 reasons why I’m not SuperMom and why I never will be
1. I get annoyed with my kids. If I lived with you, I’d probably get annoyed with you too. (To be fair, I’m fairly certain I’ve annoyed them at least twice in their lives…it was a really long time ago and I’m sure they’ve forgotten by now)
2. I screw up dinner. A lot. Oh heck. Let’s not leave breakfast and lunch out of it.
3. I yell at my kids. It doesn’t mean I’m proud of it, it means I do it.
4. Sometimes I forget to give the kids a bath for many days in a row. You know. Like 3 or 11.
5. I can’t sew and honestly I’m not sure that bothers me. My kids won’t have homemade costumes. Unless someone else makes them for them.
6. I’ve farted (loudly) in front of my kids. (Does it make it better that I’ve said excuse me every time?)
7. I screw (insert a lot of things here) up
8. I mix the kids, the dog and my husbands names up. Multiple times per day.
9. I haven’t done baby books. Well, truth be told, I started one for my oldest. She’s a month shy of 8. I think I know where it is.
10. I don’t serve 100% nutritious meals every single day of the year. We’ve had ice cream for dinner before.
11. I’ve skipped pages in books when I don’t want to read the whole thing.
12. We told our kids when the ice cream truck plays music, it means they are sold out. (This can work if you live in a small town and the ice cream truck goes by your house once every 3 years or so)
13. I can’t even make a list of 10 reasons why I’m not SuperMom without screwing it up. Now I’m at 13. Oops.
Are you a SuperMom? Or Dad?
I still want a cape though. Or a tshirt. Maybe both.
Find more awesome photos by Brett Jordan!