Sweet Potato Burritos
- 2 sweet potatoes (11/2 lb. or so total)
- 3/4 tsp. GROUND CUMIN
- 1/2 tsp. GROUND CORIANDER
- 1/2 tsp. GRANULATED GARLIC POWDER
- 1/4 tsp. BLACK PEPPER (optional)
- 2 TB. lime juice (juice of 1 lime)
- 1 15-oz. can black beans
- 1 Cup corn kernels
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 Cup chopped olives
- 1 Cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Cup shredded sharp cheddar or Chihuahua cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork, place on a baking sheet and bake for 40-60 minutes, depending on the size of the sweet potatoes.
- Or, if you're in a hurry, microwave the sweet potatoes for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and let cool.
- Reduce oven heat to 350°.
- Scoop the insides out of the potatoes into a bowl and mash with the SPICES and lime juice.
- Stir in the beans and corn.
- Add salt to taste if using.
- Spoon the mixture in the tortillas along with any optional fillings you desire.
- Roll up and bake for 10 minutes until heated through.
Recipe by This Mama Loves at http://www.thismamaloves.com/sweet-potato-burritos/