Lentil Taco Recipe, Plant Based and Delicious
Recipe type: Main
- 2½ cups cooked brown lentils
- Water, oil or veggie broth to add to lentils
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or you can make your own)
- Taco shells, corn tortilla or flour tortillas
- taco sauce
- chopped tomato
- chopped lettuce
- Sour Cream (I used a vegan brand)
- Cheese (I used a vegan brand of this also)
- Heat a bit of oil, water or veggie broth in a skillet.
- Add the cooked lentils to the pan.
- Mix taco seasoning with ½ cup water until dissolved.
- Add the seasoning mixture and heat on medium until the mixture boils.
- Add more water or broth if needed.
- As the mixture cooks, mash the lentils with a fork or potato masher.
- I like mine mashed but with some whole lentils left.
- While the lentils are cooking, prepare your taco toppings.
Recipe by This Mama Loves at http://www.thismamaloves.com/plant-based-recipes-starring-lentils/