Simply Potatoes offer a quick and easy way to add a side dish to your evening meal. While we do not eat packaged food all of the time, there are days when time runs out or something happens and I need to grab something quick and easy from the fridge. Shredded Hash Browns, Southwest Style Hash Browns, Diced Potatoes with Onion, Homestyle Slices, Red Potato Wedges and Rosemary & Garlic Potato Wedges. These varieties of potatoes complement so many dishes without the need to peel, slice or dice!
We tried the Hash Browns (so yummy for weekend breakfasts!!) and the Country Style Mashed Potatoes. Poking around on the website I saw a recipe to take these country style mashed and turn them into Easy Mock Twice Baked Potatoes…one of my all time favorite foods. Oh, yum. I don’t make them often because they are so so time consuming (and let’s be real here, not healthy for you!!) but oh, are they delicious. Such an indulgence…
Ingredients for the Mock Twice Baked Potatoes:
- 2 strips bacon
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Country Style Mashed Potatoes
- 1/2 cup chive and onion soft cream cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Crystal Farms® Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Chopped fresh chives
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch skillet cook bacon on medium-high heat until crisp. Drain grease; crumble bacon. In medium bowl combine Simply Potatoes, cream cheese, bacon and salt; stir to mix well. Spoon about 2/3 cup Simply Potatoes mixture into 6 (1 cup) glass custard cups or ramekins. Top each with 1 tablespoon cheese. Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
2. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Garnish each with chopped fresh chives.
You can enter to win Simply Potatoes products for an entire year by entering here!
Want to try some of these for your house? One reader will win 2 free packages of Simply Potatoes (coupons for free product sent to you)
Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment with your name & be sure to leave a valid email address in the comment form!
Like Simply Potatoes on Facebook
Follow me on GFC +1 entry or Facebook +1 entry
Share this giveaway on any social networking site: #win @simplypotatoes from @mamatomjr http://wp.me/p1qA6G-1PT (can be done 2x/day at least 1 hour apart)
This giveaway will end June 12 2011 at midnight, EST. Winner to be chosen randomly. US only. Winner has 48 hours to respond to inital contact or a new winner will be chosen.
I received a sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed within are my own.
[ad#glam between posts]