Buffalo Chicken Fingers (non fried)
Recipe type: main
A healthier version of the restaurant style!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into finger-sized pieces
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Coat a baking sheet with a nonstick spray.
- In a bag, mix together flour, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- On a plate, mix the bread crumbs with the rest of the garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Shake the chicken pieces with the seasoned flour.
- Beat egg whites with 1 tablespoon water, and place egg mixture in a shallow dish or bowl.
- Dip seasoned chicken in egg mixture, then roll in the seasoned bread crumb mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 8 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Use tongs to turn pieces over.
- Bake 8 minutes longer, or until chicken juices run clear.