>Around here, we love to dance (with the curtains shut so no one can see the lack of rhythm we have in our house). We are always looking for more family-friendly FUN music- The Disney Reggae Club CD (released 6/8/10) fits the bill! My favorite is the reggae version of the Toy Story song “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” but my kids love “Zip-a-dee-doo-dah.” This album has songs from Disney movies definitely geared toward kids and families but its just fun music to listen to. I like to listen while I cook dinner- helps get the kids to stop hanging on my legs and gets them moving around. Dancing while cooking (again, with curtains shut) always makes it more fuN! If you are a Disney fan and are looking for something new for your Disney music collection, this is a must-have for you.
Artists and tracks included on the album are:
1. “Circle of Life” (from “The Lion King”) Performed by Matisyahu
2. “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” (from “The Lion King”) Performed by Cedella Marley
3. “The Bare Necessities” (from “The Jungle Book”) Performed by Steel Pulse
4. “The Lion Sleeps Tonight” (Desmond Dekker’s reggae classic also featured in “The Lion King”) Performed by Morgan Heritage
5. “What a Wonderful World” (Louis Armstrong classic) Performed by Ziggy Marley
6. “True to Your Heart” (from “Mulan”) Performed by The Wailing Souls
7. “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” (from “Toy Story) Performed by Sly & Robbie
8. “Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah” (from “Song of the South”) Performed by Toots
9. “I Wan’na Be Like You” (from “The Jungle Book”) Performed by UB40
10. “Ev’rybody Wants to Be a Cat” (from “The Aristocats”) Performed by Michael G & the Easy Star All-Stars
11. “Kiss The Girl” (from “The Little Mermaid”) Performed by Burning Spear
12. “Under The Sea” (from “The Little Mermaid”) Performed by Gregory Isaacs
13. “Find Yourself” (from “Cars”) Performed by Yellowman
I was provided with a copy of this CD to facilitate my review but opinions expressed within are my own.