Healthy and delicious REAL chicken nuggets kids love are only 20 minutes away with this newest installment of Kids In The Kitchen series.
My kids, like 98% of the world love chicken nuggets. Sometimes it’s all they want to eat, you know besides candy. I am not a fan of fast food or the processed bag nuggets so I needed to make my own version that first- was healthy and missing all the unreadable ingredients that the other versions contain. Secondly, it needed to taste good because my kids don’t really care all that much if they eat partially hydrogenated soy bean oil or not, but they do care if it tastes great. At first I was hesitant to let my little one touch raw chicken but I figured it made a great lesson in kitchen safety- be sure they wash hands very well before and after handing chicken.
3 large. boneless, skinless breasts
½ cup flour
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. paprika
½ tsp. garlic powder
Preheat oven to 350°
Place flour in a gallon ziplock bag.
In a separate gallon bag combine; Italian breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, paprika, garlic powder, and pepper.
Whisk eggs into a shallow dish.
Try to remind them to keep the flour in the bag and not on their face.
Grab a printable Healthy Chicken Nuggets recipe card or click the image below to download:
- 3 large. boneless, skinless breasts
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- ? cup grated paremsan cheese
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp.pepper
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place flour in a gallon ziplock bag.
- In a separate gallon bag combine; Italian breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, paprika, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Whisk eggs into a shallow dish.
- Cut chicken breasts iinto 1”x1” pieces
- Place several chicken pieces in flour bag, seal, and shake until covered well.
- Repeat in small batches until all chicken is floured.
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg wash to coat.
- Place small batches of chicken pieces in bag with bread crumb mixture, shake to cover well.
- Spread coated chicken on a baking sheet.
- Place in oven for 5 minutes, flip each one, bake another 5 minutes.