One way we save money in our house is to pack our kids lunches rather than buying school lunches. With all 3 of our girls attending school this year, packing lunches most of the week is going to be the most cost effective way for us to feed our girls. So I thought I would share with you some recipes I find to spice up our girls lunches! So each Friday, keep an eye for a new recipe for your kiddos lunchbox!
This weeks Friday Lunchbox Recipe:
MAC & CHEESE SOUP
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 (7.25-ounce) package macaroni & cheese mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups (1 quart) milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- In a soup pot, bring water to a boil over high heat. Stir in peas and carrots, macaroni from packaged mix (reserving cheese packet), salt and pepper. Return to a boil, cover loosely, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients, including reserved cheese packet. Reduce heat to medium, cover loosely, and simmer 10 minutes, or until hot and creamy, stirring occasionally
Recipe and Photo credit thanks to MrFood!