The kids are going back to school. They are. I love them. I adore them. I’m really ready for them to be back in school. I have almost zero time to myself for the whole summer, and while that has it’s ups, it also takes its toll on me. I’m ready to do a few things to treat myself- like get a pedicure, maybe get some highlights in my apparently-naturally-dark-brown-hair and pick up a few things to treat myself at Target. This mango pineapple slushie will be just the thing I indulge in after I make some time to head to my local store and pick up a few boxes of Fruttare treats. I’ll use a few for a fab fruity slushie for me and save the rest for the family…Thanks to Lunchbox for sponsoring today’s Mango Pineapple Slushie recipe.
Mango Pineapple Slushie
How do you treat yourself?
- 3 Mango Fruttare bars
- 6 oz of pineapple juice
- handful of ice
- splash of gingerale
- #1. Allow the Mango Fruttare bars to soften a few minutes on the counter – you want to be be able to get them off the popsicle sticks and into your blender or food processor.
- #2. Once the Mango Fruttare bars are softened enough, use a knife to scrape them off the popsicle stick and into the blender or food processor.
- #3. Add a handful of ice.
- #4. Pour the 6 oz of pineapple juice over the top of the Mango bars and ice (see photo).
- #5. Blend or pulse until blended. My 6 year old loved this part – she was the button pusher/taste tester.
- #6. Pour the blended slushie into 2 8 oz glasses and add a splash or two of gingerale. Use a straw to stir it up.
- *Makes 2 8 oz servings as shown.