I have wanted to get a video baby monitor for years, and when I saw all of the cool features on the new Mobicam DXR I HAD to give it a try! I have friends that use video baby monitors and absolutely love them. You wouldn’t believe all of the creative uses people come up with for these things. I plan on using mine primarily to watch my new little one while napping, if my older children want to play in the driveway while the little one is sleeping, or if I need to get the mail. I have a feeling it is going to be an invaluable tool to a mom of 3. I know other people that use these devices to watch their pets, elderly relatives or babysitters.
The Mobicam DXR is a brand new product from Mobi and is loaded with tons of innovative features:
• Quick & Easy Set-up
• 2.4 GHz Secure Digital Signal
• Transmission Range up to 450 ft
• Voice Activated Picture & Sound (VOX)
• Powerful Night Vision with 40 ft Range
• Large 3.5″ High-Resolution LCD Display
• 2-Way Audio Communication
• USB Digital Audio/Video Output to PC
• 8-hr Rechargeable Li-Ion Polymer Battery
• Built-in Recording Capability*
In additon, this device can be used as a webcam and works with video chat outlets such as Skype®, Messenger®, GoogleTalk®, and Yahoo®.
* Built-in SD card slot for recording. (SD card not included.)
When I first received this product I was suprised at how easy it was to use and setup. With all of the features on this device I was worried that setup would be complicated and use would be difficult. I couldn’t be more wrong! I plugged it in and started using it right away. There is a very simple/user friendly menu system on the monitor that allows you to adjust brightness, add extra cameras, setup recordings, etc..
The video quality on the monitor is great. Even in dark nighttime conditions viewing was clear and bright. I also get an excellent signal anywhere in or around my house. In fact, I am able to walk quite a distance (50′) from my house without difficulty. The monitor is a nice compact size. You can easily transport it with you around the house or fit it in your pocket. Even with the compact size, the screen is a generous 3.5″, which I found to be completely adequate for viewing.
One of the fabulous features of this video baby monitor is that it can be used as a webcam and that it can be used remotely from a cell phone or PC. Before using these features you need to register your product then use your access code to download the driver. Instructions are included with the download. I am certainly not technically savvy, but I was able to easily download the appropriate programs and setup remote viewing capablity. I even tried this product out as a webcam using Skype and it worked great! I think the remote viewing capability would be invaluable to working parents who may want to check up on their child during naptime. What great peace of mind!
This system is wireless and therefore very easy to setup anywhere you want. The package comes with a heavy duty mount (my husband was thoroughly impressed with the quality of the mount and wanted me to mention this). I personally didn’t even bother to mount my camera, I just placed it right on the changing table and get a clear view of the crib.
I have absolutely LOVED my Mobicam DXR and would highly recommend this product to any parent who is thinking of getting a video baby monitor. The quality and technical support is great. In fact, I am thinking of purchasing extra cameras (you can add up to a total of 4 cameras) to place in my children’s playroom. It always helps to have an extra pair of eyes watching!
One VERY lucky reader will win their own Mobicam DXR (a $229 value!).
Mandatory Entry: Like Mobi Technlogies on Facebook and leave a comment so that we can track your entry. (Best way to do this is copy paste the timestamp of your comment!!)
1. Follow Mobi Technologies on Twitter.
2. Follow me on GFC, Facebook, Twitter or RSS/Email Subscription (+1 each)
3. Share this giveaway on any social networking site INCLUDING this link: http://wp.me/p1qA6G-102 (leave URL of your post please!! hint: right click the time stamp!!) 2x/day at least 1 hour apart
4. Leave a comment on any non giveaway post +1/post up to 5 comments
5. Share this giveaway on Twitter: “I want to #win MobiCam;s newest #video #baby #monitor from @getmobi & @mamatomjr [email protected] http://wp.me/p1qA6G-102” (can be done 2x/day at least 1 hour apart -leave URL of your tweet)
6. Follow Madame Deals via GFC +1
7. Like Mom on Dealz on Facebook +1 entry
8. Like Stretching Your Budget on Facebook +1
9. Like Luxury Living, Frugal Style publicly on GFC +1 entry
10. Like Living on Love and Cents on Facebook +1 entry
11. Like The Coupon Challenge on Facebook +1 entry
12. Like Budget Savvy Diva on Facebook +1 entry
13. Like Southern Bella’s Ways to Save publicly via GFC +1 entry
14. Like A Frugal Chick on Facebook +1 entry
15. Like Just Trying to Save Money on Facebook +1 entry
16. Like Saving Toward a Better Life on Facebook +1 entry
This giveaway will end on May 31, 2011 at midnight, EST. US only. Winner to be chosen randomly. Winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or a new winner will be chosen.
I received a sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed within are my own.
[ad#glam between posts][ad#glam between posts]