It’s November. One of my favorite months of the year, because, well, Thanksgiving and I love holidays…but in recent years, 5 to be exact, it’s also brought UPtv’s GilMORE the Merrier, an all-out Gilmore Girls binge-a-thon. During the event, UPtv airs every episode ever of Gilmore Girls (that’s 153 episodes plus four movies!) with fun hourly trivia and prizes, constant Twitter chat including some with me, @brettbmartin) and a sweepstakes with grand prizes curated specifically for the die-hard Gilmore Girls fans.
This year seems extra fun because it’s the 20th anniversary OF the Gilmore Girls, although I’m not entirely sure that number can be accurate, because surely I myself haven’t aged 20 years since we first met the girls. In honor of this momentous occasion, although I’m still sort of thinking this may be “new math,” with this 20 years idea, we bring you what we can only imagine would be the signature Stars Hollow Snack Food- Strawberry Pop Tart Popcorn! (Scroll down for the recipe, I just need to make sure you guys have all the details for the marathon so you can clear your probably not super full covid calendars and watch with me next week)!
THIS November, for the first time ever, this year’s marathon also includes the Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life movies.Something awesome in 2020! More Stars Hollow time. Also? Check my Twitter feed 11/25 because I’ll be doing a coffee driven Gilmore Girls giveaway that day. Oh. And yes, UPtv hired me to work with them on this post and for the marathon, but my love of Stars Hollow and the people who live there (or semi close to there) are my own.
Important Things to Know:
- Your “Stars Hollow Hosts” will be Keiko Agena (Lane), Yanic Truesdale (Michel), Sally Struthers (Babette) and Liz Torres (Miss Patty).
- Starts Sunday, November 22 at 11 PM ET; Ends Monday, November 30 at 3 AM ET
- Fun pop-up trivia and hourly prizes
- Viewers play along using unique hashtags especially #GilMOREtheMerrier AND tag @UPtv as well. There are several other bloggers who’ll be tweeting during different blocks of time throughout the 8 days of the marathon with me. It’s one of my favorite weeks!
- GO RIGHT NOW and enter the GilMORE the Merrier Sweepstakes – Over the course of the 8-day event, viewers enter for a chance to win one of 10 amazing Gilmore Girls grand prizes! Increase your chances of winning by entering daily or playing along with the hourly pop-up trivia. Enter at GilmoretheMerrier.com. (Sort of boring, totally necessary RULES are found here.
Strawberry Pop Tart Popcorn Recipe
If you’ve watched the Gilmores for any length of time, you’re aware they love coffee, talking fast, pizza, and pop tarts. Not necessarily in that order, but that’s them. Making a fun popcorn mix is kind of one of my favorite things to do, so making a popcorn treat that’s inspired by Rory and Lorelai and Stars Hollow seems like it was meant to be.
Check out this Gilmore Girls inspired Strawberry Pop Tart Popcorn Recipe- strawberry glaze mixed with freshly popped popcorn and tossed with pieces of strawberry pop tarts!
- 12 cups of cooked popcorn
- 2-3 poptarts chopped into 1/2” pieces
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 4-5 tbsp water (or enough so that the glaze can be easily poured)
1. Add strawberry jam to the powdered sugar in a medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Start by adding 3 tablespoons of water to the powdered sugar and whisk.
Add one additional tablespoon of water at a time until the powdered sugar mixture is easily pourable.
3. Use a large mixing bowl to pour the powdered sugar mixture onto the cooked popcorn and stir until well coated.
4. Toss the chopped poptarts in with the popcorn until it is well mixed.
5. Spread the popcorn mixture evenly onto a baking sheet or parchment paper and allow the glaze to dry.
6. Once the glaze on the popcorn has dried, pour into bowls to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 207mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 2gSugar: 38gProtein: 2g