Parenting can be stressful. There’s a lot of demands on your time as a Mom, and a lot of people to worry about and look after. If you’re struggling with stress, try not to worry, as piling Mom-guilt on top of your stress won’t help you. Instead, try some different techniques to overcome your stress, so you can feel more relaxed and be a better parent.
Stress-Busting Tips For Moms
- Put yourself first. One of the toughest things about being a mother is remembering to put yourself first at least some of the time. This can be especially hard when your children are small and need a lot of attention. Some time just for you can do wonders for your stress levels, so learn to take it. If you’re struggling with the idea, remember that your kids learn from your behaviour, and taking care of themselves is one of the most important things that they can learn from you.
- Seek treatment. If your stress is causing you real problems, don’t be afraid to look for treatment. Stress can lead to other health conditions, or make existing conditions worse, and of course, can impact your mental health. You could seek help from a counsellor or therapist to learn coping methods. You could also look into options like CBD to ease anxiety, through a business like www.harvesthoc.com.
Photo by Isaac Quesada on Unsplash
- Learn your triggers. What causes you to feel the most stressed and what can you do to ease that? For example, if you find yourself feeling more stressed when the house looks like a tornado has been through it, speak frankly to your family about how you feel, and ask them to take more responsibility for tidying up after themselves and help you more with looking after the house.
- Talk it out. Bottling up your stress won’t do you any good at all, and will just make things worse. It’s important to be able to express how you feel and share your feelings. Find someone you can talk to about your worries, whether that’s your spouse, a friend, or a family member. Talk honestly, and listen to their concerns too, so you can support each other through stressful times.
- Exercise. Exercise releases endorphins, which make you feel good and help you better manage stress. Perhaps you could find some fun ways to get exercise as a family, so you can all bust stress, live a healthier lifestyle, and spend some quality time together. For example, go for a family bike ride, play sports in the garden, or go for walks together.
- Find time to laugh. Laughter is one of the best cures for stress there is, and luckily for you, children are often a great source of laughter. Take the time to be silly together and enjoy your children while they’re young. Watch funny shows together, play games that make you laugh, or let them practice their comedy skills on you. Laugh together for less stress and more fun, as well as more bonding.
This is a guest post.