Listen, my friends. My kids are on vacation this week. ALL week. All three are home, wanting to have things to do, and-well, just expect maybe a lot of recipes this week. Easy, kid friendly ones. Maybe crafts. It’s for my sanity. I’ve not had them all home together in a long time! Today’s recipe is a super simple Boston Cream Pie recipe. Had to go with this, it’s REALLY easy and the perfect recipe for the kids to assist with.
But my favorite part? No baking. None. Zip. It needs time to chill in the fridge. At least an hour. Don’t cheat. Trust me. Give it the full hour+ and you’ll be glad you did. The cake, the filling and then the top. AND, my 8 year old did 99% of this herself!! She was SO proud.
Kraft sent us a basket of ingredients to help inspire some fun recipes this week. (Great timing, thank you Kraft!) and gave us a list of recipes we might like to try. That’s where this Boston Cream Pie Recipe comes from – from Kraft. Just wait till you see how easy it is!
Super Simple Boston Cream Pie Recipe
BEAT pudding mix and milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in 1/2 cup COOL WHIP.
STACK cake layers on plate, spreading pudding mixture between layers.
MICROWAVE chocolate and remaining COOL WHIP in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 30 sec.; stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Spoon over cake. Refrigerate 1 hour.
Sweeten up this spring with easy dessert recipes from Kraft.
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided 1/2 cup and 1 cup
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) prepared angel food cake, cut horizontally into 3 layers (see? No baking!)
- 2 oz. BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- BEAT pudding mix and milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in 1/2 cup COOL WHIP.
- STACK cake layers on plate, spreading pudding mixture between layers.
- MICROWAVE chocolate and remaining COOL WHIP in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 30 sec.; stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- Spoon over cake.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
“Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Kraft via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Kraft.”