Here’s an example of a recipe from RecipeMom.com- looks delicious AND kid friendly!! I LOVE Thai flavors!! YUM. Having recipes pop into my inbox once a week like this is awesome- not too many recipes, and always things my kids will enjoy (at least most ingredients…)
|Sweet and Sour Thai-Style Pork and Veggies||
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 12 oz lean pork
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 5 oz baby bok choy
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 oz fresh pineapple, cut into small chunks
- 2 scallions, cut into short lengths
- Cut the pork into very thin strips. This is easiest to do if you freeze it for 30 minutes first.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add garlic and cook over a medium heat until golden. Then add pork and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes. Add onion slices and toss to mix.
- Add the fish sauce, sugar, and ground pepper to taste. Toss the mixture for 3-4 minutes more.
- Stir in the red pepper, baby bok choy , tomatoes, pineapple, and scallions. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes more, then spoon into individual serving bowls.
- Tip: This dish is great with a starch. Use plain egg noodles or jasmine rice for a more filling meal! Also, feel free to use your preferred vegetables. We also love broccoli and zucchini!