Happy Flag Day! In celebration of our flag, and really, you can use these cookies for Memorial Day and Fourth of July as well, we decided to take the Pillsbury Stars and Stripes Cake Mix and make some cake mix cookies- with a fun surprise at the end!
These cookies are so easy to make. Prepared, baked and out of the oven in 30 minutes. (And I am not speaking in Rachael Ray time either…) quick, easy, and LOTS of fun for the little ones. This Firecracker Surprise Cookies Recipe is REALLY easy, definitely kid friendly, and sans the pop rocks, nut free.
- 1 box Pillsbury Stars and Stripes Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c oil
- 1 tub Pillsbury Stars and Stripes frosting
- 2 packets Pop Rocks candies
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix together cake mix, oil and eggs. Batter will be pretty thick
- Shape batter into balls and put onto ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake for 9 minutes
- When cool, frost with Stars and Stripes frosting. About 20-30 minutes before serving, sprinkle some pop rocks candy on top of the frosting (there are Tropical Punch and Strawberry flavors that are very patriotic in color)
- Store in airtight containers for up to a week.
Love red, white and blue patriotic recipes?
Check out our Patriotic Popsicles and Patriotic Popcorn Crunch Recipes!
What are your fun and festive holiday recipe ideas?