Have you ever made homemade gummy candy? We haven’t- or hadn’t- but when my friend Jill showed me just how easy it is to make it at home, we decided we needed to try. A few ingredients (and I found natural, organic options as well, see below), a few minutes of time and 30-40 minutes (or less) for the candy to set, and you have homemade gummy candy!
Top of the morning to you! (And the rest of the day to you)
Green Shamrock Homemade Gummy Candy
1 box of green Jell-O, any off-brand works just as well (I also found natural gelatin you could throw some food coloring into!)
3 envelopes of Knox gelatin (4 envelopes come in 1 box)
1/2 C. water
Pour the Jell-O and the 3 envelopes of Knox gelatin into a medium size saucepan (see photo).
Add water and stir to combine the mixture.
Bring the mixture to a boil over medium/high heat. Let boil for 1 minute, stirring continuously so that it doesn’t burn.
Remove from heat and pour into a pourable container, such as a glass measuring cup.
Evenly pour the Jell-O mixture into the Shamrock molds.
Place the Shamrock mold in the fridge for 20 minutes to speed up the setting process (you can also leave on the counter to set, it just takes a bit longer).
Pop the homemade gummy candy out of the mold and enjoy!
*1 Box of Jell-O makes enough to fill the Shamrock mold.
For more St. Patrick’s Day and Irish ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Irish Dublin Coddle Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Enjoy a Simple Irish Meal featuring Shepherd’s Pie by Day by Day in Our World
- Irish Skeleton Key Necklace by The Socialite’s Closet
- Mint Shower Scrub Bridal Party Favor by A Bride on a Budget
- Skinny Shamrock Shake by Jen Around the World
- Shamrock Smoothie Creation by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Mint Chocolate Fluff by Mom on the Side
- Leprechaun Hat Cupcakes by Kids Fun Reviewed
- St. Patrick’s Day Wreath – Dollar Store DIY by MommaDJane
- Lucky Rustic Wall Hanging: A Paint Stick Craft by Food Fun Family
- Green Tea & Peppermint Sea Salt Foot Scrub by Sincerely Mindy
- Matcha Pear Green Smoothie by Upstate Ramblings
- Chocolate Avocado Cupcakes by How Was Your Day?
- DIY Shamrock Tree by Simply Southern Mom
- Easy St. Patrick’s Day Brownies by Mom Does it All
- No Bake Mini Mint Oreo Cheesecake by Sugar Spice and Family Life
- Mini Banofee Pie by Beyond Mommying
- Green Smoothies for St. Patrick’s Day by Family Focus Blog
- Leprechaun Bark by sweet lil you
- Good Luck Vintage Cab Ring by Style on Main
- Send Them Out the Door Ready for a Good Day by Beautiful Touches