Have you ever made homemade gummy candy? We haven’t- or hadn’t- but when my friend Jill showed me just how easy it is to make it at home, we decided we needed to try. A few ingredients (and I found natural, organic options as well, see below), a few minutes of time and 30-40 minutes (or less) for the candy to set, and you have homemade gummy candy!
Top of the morning to you! (And the rest of the day to you)
Green Shamrock Homemade Gummy Candy
1 box of green Jell-O, any off-brand works just as well (I also found natural gelatin you could throw some food coloring into!)
3 envelopes of Knox gelatin (4 envelopes come in 1 box)
1/2 C. water
Pour the Jell-O and the 3 envelopes of Knox gelatin into a medium size saucepan (see photo).
Add water and stir to combine the mixture.
Bring the mixture to a boil over medium/high heat. Let boil for 1 minute, stirring continuously so that it doesn’t burn.
Remove from heat and pour into a pourable container, such as a glass measuring cup.
Evenly pour the Jell-O mixture into the Shamrock molds.
Place the Shamrock mold in the fridge for 20 minutes to speed up the setting process (you can also leave on the counter to set, it just takes a bit longer).
Pop the homemade gummy candy out of the mold and enjoy!
*1 Box of Jell-O makes enough to fill the Shamrock mold.
For more St. Patrick’s Day and Irish ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Irish Dublin Coddle Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Enjoy a Simple Irish Meal featuring Shepherd’s Pie by Day by Day in Our World
- Irish Skeleton Key Necklace by The Socialite’s Closet
- Mint Shower Scrub Bridal Party Favor by A Bride on a Budget
- Skinny Shamrock Shake by Jen Around the World
- Shamrock Smoothie Creation by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Mint Chocolate Fluff by Mom on the Side
- Leprechaun Hat Cupcakes by Kids Fun Reviewed
- St. Patrick’s Day Wreath – Dollar Store DIY by MommaDJane
- Lucky Rustic Wall Hanging: A Paint Stick Craft by Food Fun Family
- Green Tea & Peppermint Sea Salt Foot Scrub by Sincerely Mindy
- Matcha Pear Green Smoothie by Upstate Ramblings
- Chocolate Avocado Cupcakes by How Was Your Day?
- DIY Shamrock Tree by Simply Southern Mom
- Easy St. Patrick’s Day Brownies by Mom Does it All
- No Bake Mini Mint Oreo Cheesecake by Sugar Spice and Family Life
- Mini Banofee Pie by Beyond Mommying
- Green Smoothies for St. Patrick’s Day by Family Focus Blog
- Leprechaun Bark by sweet lil you
- Good Luck Vintage Cab Ring by Style on Main
- Send Them Out the Door Ready for a Good Day by Beautiful Touches
Rachel Teodoro says
Just wanted to let you know that I featured this on my blog. Thanks for sharing it at the Create Link Inspire party! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
So fun! We make jello jigglers like this and the kids love being able to pick them up to eat.
Wow, these are so easy!
Pauline Molinari says
How fun and so easy to make! Thanks for sharing your project on the Monday Funday Party!
Our Home of Many Blessings says
These are to cute! I would love it if you could share your posts at my Monday of Many Blessings Link Up! http://ourhomeofmanyblessings.com/
These are adorable! I need to try to make gummies its something I haven’t done yet. Thank you for linking up at the Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop – I am one of the new co-hosts and so happy to be here 🙂
Nicole B says
These are so cute! Found them on Two Cup Tuesdays linky.
these look great! thanks so much for sharing at #merrymonday!
Mistee Dawn says
Aww, these are so cute. I bet my daughter would love to help me make these!
Sarah B says
I love these!! So cute, and delicious, I’m sure!!
It’s that easy to make your own gummy candy? Now I am definitely going to have to try this!
These look so good. They’d be great for a St. Patty’s day party!
Lisa @ A Bride On A Budget says
I’ve been wanting to make my own gummy candy for a while so THANK YOU for sharing this recipe.
Ellen Christian says
What a fun idea! I’ll see if my health food store has the natural version!