Ready or not, here come the holidays. We’re a week from Thanksgiving, which means we’re also a week away from Hanukkah. In a week, we’ll be under a month until Christmas. With families being so spread out, it isn’t always easy to know what someone wants or needs- and often, especially if there are older siblings or cousins, there isn’t much they may need anyway. It can make gift giving challenge.
One of my favorite gifts has always been and I think will always be personalized gifts. I’m absolutely in love with monogrammed shirts – with the name or initials. I mean, when you have, say, 4 boys, what do you get the little ones that they don’t already have? Chances are they have most any toy you could think of. That’s where personalized gifts can save the day.
1. A cute tshirt that coordinates with baby’s nursery theme?? Adorable. Also easy to sleuth if you visit the family, or can peek at their registry (or Facebook).
2. Big and little sister/brother shirts are almost always welcome. My kids LOVED wearing their shirts, and wore them for so many months until they were far too small.
3. When each of my kids was born, they received a Pewter Baby Cup engraved with their first and middle name, plus date of birth. We use them regularly. We also have my old baby cup and both of my moms that are in rotation.
4. Canvas Wall Art- There’s a huge variety of canvas wall art to choose from. You can go with a simple image and text, just an image, or text alone.
5. Personalized Stationary- from a pad of paper to a full set of stationary! Have fun with it! I love having things with all of my family members’ names on them.
6. Water bottle or covered cup
7. Personalized Jewelry. There are so many options around -I have my eye on Origami Owl lately and some Etsy shops as well.
8. Cutting Board
9. Playing Cards
10. Wall Clock
11. Wooden name puzzle
13. Stickers, name labels, craft labels, etc.
14. Tote Bag (Kids love bags, why not get them one with their interest(s) and/or name on it?
15. Birthday Plate
16. Story Book
There are tons and tons of ideas. I can’t even stop at 10 there’s so many!
My first choice for kids is almost always a fun shirt or a pillowcase. Kids love to see their name on things!
For adults? I try to match their interests and needs. For a foodie I might get a nice peppermill and engrave their last name on it (oops, there we are at idea 17). Or the cutting board…and it could be large or small.
Save 15% off Bright Star Kids Personalized Clothing!
Be different this Christmas & get the kids a super cute gift personalized especially for them! Save 15% when you use the code “GIFT” in the shopping cart. Min spend $30. Expires December 15, 2013.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bright Star Kids. The opinions and text are all mine.