I can’t even believe I’m writing this- but Valentine’s Day will be here before we know it. If you are like me…no matter how much you plan ahead, the final days leading up to the day will fly and you’ll be caught in need of a something to send someplace with a kid or 3, and no time to make anything from scratch. These Rice Krispies Valentine Hearts are super quick to make (you could do them from scratch, if you have the time) and oh so much of a time saver!
Rice Krispies Valentine Hearts
1 8 ct package of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Treats
12 oz package of Wilton dark chocolate candy melts
#1. Open each Rice Krispie Treat and discard the wrappers.
#2. Use the small heart shaped cookie cutter to cut each treat into a small heart shape and set aside.
#3. Pour the candy melts into a small microwave safe dish. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Allow to cool a few minutes before dipping the hearts.
#4. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and dip each heart one at a time in the dark chocolate covering half. Lay the heart on the baking sheet and immediately sprinkle with Valentine sprinkles.
#5. Repeat with the other Rice Krispie Hearts.
*Makes 8 servings. 1 heart = 1 serving.
For more Valentine’s Day ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- How to Make Rose Water by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- A Valentine’s Day Breakfast by The Guavalicious Life
- Salted Caramels by How Was Your Day?
- Homemade Strawberry Syrup for Flavorful Delights by Day by Day in Our World
- Pom Pom Valentine’s Day Craft for Kids by Our Family World
- French Vanilla Raspberry Italian Cream Soda by Pretty Opinionated
- Epsom Salts DIY Valentine’s Candles by A Day in Motherhood
- Chocolate Honey Lip Scrub by The Socialite’s Closet
- Hugs and Kisses Valentine’s Cupcakes by Simply Southern Mom
- Printable Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt by Mom on the Side
- Box of Chocolates Cake by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Cranberry Hootycreek – Valentine’s Day Cookies by MommaDJane
- Dark Chocolate Granola by Food Fun Family
- Valentine’s Day “Love Lives Here” Decorative House Craft by Sincerely Mindy
- Hand Sewn Valentine Cards by Beyond Mommying
- No Bake Choco-Date Cookies for Valentine’s Day by Mommy Snippets
- DIY Heart Stamp for Kids by Family Focus Blog
- DIY Peppermint Chocolate Bark Favors by A Bride on a Budget
- Day Out With Daddy Jar by Sweet Lil You
- No Sew Fringed Scarf for Him – or Her! by Style on Main
- Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Valentine’s Day Oreo Hearts by Gator Mommy Reviews