My daughter stopped eating meat a little over a year ago. It’s made things a little more interesting in the feeding the family department. I’m always looking for ways to get protein in her body, especially with how active she is- and I always like to make sure everyone in the house starts their day with a nice, hearty breakfast. We have chickens, so we’ve always got eggs around, but really, how many eggs can one person eat until they don’t want to have eggs anymore? I’ve started trying to mix things up and have some fun with the eggs- including this super simple, 2 ingredient Chile Relleno Scramble. What you need? Some eggs and Boca Essentials’ new Chile Relleno with green chile peppers, black beans and brown rice. That’s it.
Chile Relleno Boca Essentials– 1 patty per person serving
2 eggs per person
*Shredded cheese, optional
Saute the patties in a non-stick skillet with a bit of oil if needed on medium heat.
As the patty cooks, break it into more of a crumble.
When the patty is all broken into cooked crumbles, add your eggs to the pan and stir until the eggs are done (2-3 minutes)
Top with cheese if desired.
Serve with fruit and a bread if desired. Voila! Filling, hearty breakfast in under 10 minutes.
New Boca Essentials is a line of vegetable- and grain-based patties that offers a source of “complete protein” to people looking for meatless meal options. Complete protein refers to the nine essential amino acids that the human body needs, but cannot produce on its own.
- While many of these amino acids are typically found in meat, each new Boca Essentials flavor contains all nine, in the correct proportion, to offer a protein-packed and delicious choice for those looking for meat alternative meal options and energy to help fuel their days.
Getting the right proportion and balance of the nutrients and protein your body needs can be a little trickier when you aren’t eating meat. Having options like Boca Essentials around makes things a lot easier for moms like me who are cooking for different culinary preferences. Even those of us who are meat-eaters have really enjoyed the Boca brand selections and it’s something I do keep in the freezer for a just in case/ last minute meal option because they are so quick to prepare. Available in both traditional and “non-gmo soy” lines, each variety of Boca burgers harnesses nutritional benefits of soy to provide a meatless product that offers consumers protein and great taste.You can find the new Boca Essentials at select retailers across the country in the freezer section- you’ll find 2 2-packs of patties in each box retailing for about $4.29.
- The Boca Essentials line includes three bold new flavors, including:
- Breakfast Scramble with potatoes, scrambled eggs and vegetables
- Roasted Vegetables and Red Quinoa with brown rice
- Chile Relleno with green chile peppers, black beans and brown rice
- Chile Relleno Boca Essentials- 1 patty per person serving
- 2 eggs per person
- *Shredded cheese, optional
- Saute the patties in a non-stick skillet with a bit of oil if needed on medium heat.
- As the patty cooks, break it into more of a crumble.
- When the patty is all broken into cooked crumbles, add your eggs to the pan and stir until the eggs are done (2-3 minutes)
- Top with cheese if desired.
- Serve with fruit and a bread if desired. Voila! Filling, hearty breakfast in under 10 minutes.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.