Finding Dory Hank Bath Salts
We loved Finding Dory when we saw it a few weeks ago. Even my husband enjoyed it, and he rarely admits to enjoying family films. This one had a lot of fun, a lot of cute, and a whole lot of Hank! Hank’s a cantankerous octopus who’s really just a big old softie on the inside and I had his number from minute one. I loved him. He made the movie for me, along with baby Dory. These bath salts are a fun way to bring the movie into life, especially during summer when kids tend to be dirtier from playing outside all day long…even my son who loathes baths and showers doesn’t mind scrubbing up when it’s tied to Hank!
This recipe will yield 2 cups of Finding Dory Hank bath salts:
1 1/2 cups epsom salts
1/2 cup sea salt
1/3 cup baking soda
8-10 drops sweet orange essential oil or 4-5 drops orange extract
Optional: Orange food gel
1. In a medium mixing bowl, add both salts and the baking soda. Stir to combine.
2. Add the orange extract or sweet orange essential oil and stir well. The essential oil gives the bath salts a light orange color. However, if you prefer a darker orange color, add a drop of orange gel (optional).
3. Pour the bath salts into an airtight container and store up to 6 months.
How to Use Bath Salts
1. Pour 1/4-1/2 cup of bath salts into warm bath water.
2. Your kids will love the aroma of sweet orange as they play in the tub!
These Finding Dory Hank Bath Salts would also make an adorable (and inexpensive) party favor to go along with a Dory themed party- the kids can make their own batch for a craft as well! Pair it with one of the cute Hank washcloths or other Dory characters and you have a great favor that won’t just be tossed aside and is NOT candy!