Freakshakes. Have you tried them? They are everywhere these days, and it seems like they’ll be sticking around for a while. They are big time fun- and big time sugar. It’s a shake meant to wow and delight, and also to share. Our friends at Voortman Bakery asked us to create a little something with their new banana flavor wafers and we decided that we’d try to our own freakshake recipe, using as many ingredients as we could that aren’t full of artificial colors and/or flavors. This is a sponsored post and opinions are my own.
The star of our Banana Split Freakshake recipe is Voortman Bakery Banana Wafers- light, sweet and crispy wafers with sweet banana layered between them. We love their wafers (S’mores Wafers are my personal favorite) already, and doing an old school flavor like banana split with these new classic wafers in a brand new freakshake just seemed like a fun way to go. Plus, what we love about Voortman wafers and cookies is what ISN’T there. They use real ingredients. Real flavors. No extra junk. I like a short ingredient list on foods!
“We prefer Real” – Voortman cookies have no artificial colors or flavors and no high fructose corn syrup.Follow Voortman Bakery on Social to be in the know about new products, seasonal flavors and more!
Banana Split Freakshake Recipe
Have you made a freakshake recipe before? What flavor Voortman Bakery wafers would you use for your next freakshake?
- 1. 2 C. vanilla ice cream
- 2. 2-3 medium bananas
- 3. 5 Voortman Banana Wafers, crushed
- Freakshake Toppings:
- 4. 1-2 medium bananas
- 5. 12 jumbo maraschino cherries
- 6. Extra Voortman Banana Wafers
- 7. Toothpicks
- 8. Chocolate Syrup
- 9. Sprinkles (Find all natural sprinkles with no artificial colors!)
- 10. Whipped cream
- Rim Toppings:
- 11. Multi-colored sprinkles
- 12. 10 oz Chocolate Candy melts or chocolate chips + 1/4 tsp veg oil
- Pour 5 oz of chocolate candy melts into a small microwaveable safe dish. Heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring occasionally until melted. You can add just a bit of vegetable oil to keep the chocolate from seizing up (1/4 tsp)
- Dip the rim of each glass into the melted chocolate and then into the multi-colored sprinkles.
- Place the glasses in the fridge and allow the chocolate and sprinkles to set.
- Use toothpicks to skewer 6 maraschino cherries for each of your freakshakes
- Add the ice cream, bananas and crushed cookies to a blender or food processor and pulse until combined.
- Pour the milkshake mixture into the prepared glasses.
- Top with a generous amount of whipped cream.
- Set a banana on top of each freakshake and then add the skewered maraschino cherries and extra Voortman banana wafers on top.
- Drizzle with a generous amount of chocolate syrup and add more sprinkles.