The dog days of summer are here, and we’re in full harvest mode with our gardens and fruits in Connecticut. One of my favorite things in summer is a fresh squeezed, ice cold glass of lemonade…simple, sweet and oh so tart. Pair some strawberry with that tart lemon and you’ve just about got the perfect summer flavor combo. That’s where this new lemon berry muddy buddies recipe idea came from- the simple treats of summer, but in a snack form. Oh, lemon, and berry, how I love you!
Lemon Berry Muddy Buddies
Allow the mixture to cool before serving (if you can wait that long), and store in an airtight container.
What’s your favorite kind of muddy buddies?
- 8 oz Wilton dark chocolate candy melts
- 8 oz Wilton white chocolate candy melts
- 9 C. Chex cereal (any variety will work) – divided into separate bowls
- 1 1/2 C. strawberry cake mix
- 1 1/2 C. lemon cake mix
- 2 large Ziploc-type bag
- Pour the 8 oz of dark chocolate candy melts into a microwave safe dish. Pour the white chocolate candy melts into a separate microwave dish and set aside.
- Pour the strawberry cake mix into one Ziploc bag and the lemon cake mix into the other Ziploc bag and set aside.
- Melt the bowl of dark chocolate candy melts in 30 second increments in the microwave, stirring until melted (about 2 minutes).
- Pour the melted dark chocolate over 1 bowl of the Chex cereal. Stir to completely coat the cereal with the melted dark chocolate.
- Pour the coated cereal into the strawberry cake mix Ziploc bag. Seal the bag and gently shake to coat the chocolate covered cereal with strawberry cake mix.
- Repeat steps #2 and #3 with the white chocolate candy melts and lemon cake mix.
- Allow the mixture to cool before serving (if you can wait that long), and store in an airtight container.
Lorelai @ Life With Lorelai says
What a refreshing twist on a Muddy Buddy! Love it. Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty – we hope to see you again next week. 🙂
Life With Lorelai
Muddy buddies with a fruity twist…. I like the sound of that.