Make some fun Minions Energy Bites for the kids’ lunches (or your own!)- they’ll get some extra protein and energy-rich foods, and they will love the fun Minions theme! The bonus? It’s just as fun to make these as it is to eat them- and who doesn’t love the minions?
Minions Energy Bites
- 1 C. old-fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
- 2/3 C. coconut flakes
- 1/2 C. creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 C. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 C. mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 C. mini blue and yellow M&M’s (I used the M&M baking bits and separated the blue and yellow from the rest of the colors, this made approximately 1/2 a cup)
- #1. Combine the rolled oats, coconut flakes, peanut butter, honey and vanilla and mix well. the mixture will be sticky and thick.
- #2. Add in the 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips mixing into the dough.
- #3. Finally, add in the 1/2 cup of mini yellow and blue M&M’s, mixing well.
- #4. Place the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden.
- #5. Remove the dough from the fridge and roll into 1-2″ balls and place on the baking sheet (see photo).
- #6. Place the baking sheet back into the fridge once all the dough is rolled into balls and allow to set another 20 minutes.
- #7. Store covered in the fridge when not serving.
- *Makes approximately 20-25 energy bites.