One of my favorite things about fall is apple picking and all of the delicious things you can cook and bake with this versatile fruit. An all time family favorite is apple pie- and here’s a slow cooker version of it that makes me gain 5 lbs just thinking about making it. Apple Caramel Pie. Doesn’t that sound heavenly? The folks over at Fix it and Forget It haven’t let me down yet and I can’t WAIT to try this one!! (I have 5 of their cookbooks on my shelf. No joke.)
|Slow Cooker: Apple Caramel Pie (4 ingredients!)||
- 2-crust refrigerated pie dough pkg.
- 2 22-oz. cans apple pie filling (I am planning to use 10-12 peeled and sliced apples from the farm)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 12 caramel candies
- Press one crust into half the bottom of a cold slow cooker, and an inch or so up half its interior side.
- Overlap by ¼ inch the second crust with the first crust in center of slow cooker bottom. Press remainder of second crust an inch or so up the remaining side of the cooker.
- Press seams flat where two crusts meet.
- Cover. Cook on High 1½ hours
- In a bowl, mix together pie filling, cinnamon, and caramels.
- Pour mixture into hot crust.
- Cover. Cook on High an additional 1½ hours.
Photo Credit: Fix it and Forget It Blog