This mocha mint brownies recipe is brought to you by our friends at Lunchbox.
Here we are a few days past Christmas and I’m at the point that if I see another candy cane I may cry. We’ve crafted with them but we still have so many left….it’s making me crazy. SO I decided, why not have a little baking fun and MAKE something yummy with those candy canes? I was also enjoying some coffee while I came up with this and it occurred to me that so many of us love a peppermint mocha latte and why can’t we have that peppermint mocha latte flavor at home, in a yummy brownie form? And so….
I give you my Mocha Mint Brownies Recipe. If you don’t want to make them from scratch, I won’t judge. You’ll just need to follow the box instructions and add the brewed coffee to the mix instead of the water, and add the crushed candy canes as directed.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons coffee (We use Gevalia Mocha Latte K-cups)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-3 crushed candy canes
- (OR, make it way easier on yourself and buy the box mix)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the butter and brown sugar until smooth. (I use my mixer)
- Beat in the eggs one at a time
- Mix in the flour, salt and cocoa powder until blended
- Add in crushed candy canes
- Spread the batter evenly greased 8x8 pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven
- Cool before cutting into squares.
Gevalia coffee is perfection, and it’s now served by the cup in three new flavors that are perfect for the holidays! Gevalia Single-Serve Caramel Macchiato, Mocha Latte and Cappuccino cups are always rich, never bitter and are available at Walmart for an everyday low value.