With the holidays upon us, I’ve been wanting to showcase fun, quick and easy recipes to make – even twists on classics like this Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. Most everyone loves a good chocolate chip cookie recipe, this one just adds a fun and festive holiday flavor! You can use any kind of peppermint bits you’d like- crushed up candies, candy canes, or even grab the peppermint chips in the baking aisle. I always like to break the candies into bits for a little free stress relief.
- 1 and ½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup Peppermint Pieces or Bites
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, cream together the butter and both sugars.
- Add in the egg.
- Slowly mix in the flour.
- Using a plastic spatula or a spoon, fold in the cornstarch, baking soda, peppermint bites or pieces, and chocolate chips.
- Roll the cookie dough into medium cookie balls and place on parchment paper.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Stores in the refrigerator for 1 week.
What are your favorite holiday cookie recipes? Check out some of our other recipes!