It must be fun cupcake week around here. We’re just getting ready, ready ready for the bake sale and having all kinds of holiday fun with these little cute cuppies!! If you aren’t into the Sheep Cupcakes, check out these super cute Bunny Cupcakes!
Bunny Cupcakes (from scratch)
(you could also use a box mix to save time) –
1/2 C. butter, softened to room temperature
1 C. sugar
2 large egg whites
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 C. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 C. milk
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Combine the softened butter, sugar, egg whites and vanilla mixing
well. Slowly fold in the flour, salt and baking powder. Lastly, add
the milk continuing to stir.
Pour into greased muffin tins (or liners) and bake 20-25 minutes.
Insert a toothpick around 20 minutes and if it comes out clean the
cupcakes are done.
*Recipe is adapted from allrecipes:
*Makes approximately 12 cupcakes
Bunny Ingredients/Directions –
12 large marshmallows
pink Wilton sugar crystals
pink candy hearts (I used leftover Valentine sprinkles, you could
easily substitute a pink M&M if needed)
Wilton black gel icing
Generously frost each cupcake with white frosting and set aside.
Use a pair of kitchen scissors to snip of both ends of the large marshmallows.
Dip the sticky side down into the pink sugar crystals and place on the cupcake as the bunny’s ears.
Next, give each bunny 2 candy eyes and a nose.
Finally, use the Wilton black gel icing to make the bunny’s mouth. Simply make a J and then put a 2nd J on the other side (as shown).
For more fun Easter/Spring ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Easter Craft: Washcloth Bunny by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Easy DIY Garden Markers by A Mom’s Take
- Simple Spring Wreath by Simply Southern Mom
- Carrot (Cake) Cupcakes by Mom Does It All
- Ultimate Easter Egg Dye Guide by The Guavalicious Life
- DIY Homemade Bird Feeder by My So Called Balanced Life
- Edible Easter Placemats by Two Boys One Girl and a Crazy Mom
- DIY Colorful Spring Wreath by Home and Garden Cafe
- Monogrammed Earrings by How Was Your Day
- Nest Necklace by Style on Maine
- Fun and Healthy Easter Recipe for Kids: Crepe Cookies by Our Family World
- Make an Easy Painted Eggs Easter Craft with Dollar Store Supplies by My Kids Guide
- Spring Tea Party with Lemon and Ginger Scones by Day by Day in Our World
- Spring Button Canvas by Better in Bulk
- Carrot Cake Cookie Cups by About a Mom
- Spring Tulle Wreath by Upstate Ramblings
- Easy DIY Spring Tote Bag for Girls by Philzendia
- Cupcake Ingredients
- (you could also use a box mix to save time) –
- 1/2 C. butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 C. sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 C. milk
- Bunny Ingredients
- White Cupcakes
- White frosting
- 12 large marshmallows
- pink Wilton sugar crystals
- pink candy hearts (I used leftover Valentine sprinkles, you could
- easily substitute a pink M&M if needed)
- Wilton black gel icing
- Candy eyes
- Directions –
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the softened butter, sugar, egg whites and vanilla mixing
- well. Slowly fold in the flour, salt and baking powder. Lastly, add
- the milk continuing to stir.
- Pour into greased muffin tins (or liners) and bake 20-25 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick around 20 minutes and if it comes out clean the
- cupcakes are done.
- *Recipe is adapted from allrecipes:
- *Makes approximately 12 cupcakes
- Bunny Directions –
- Generously frost each cupcake with white frosting and set aside.
- Use a pair of kitchen scissors to snip of both ends of the large
- marshmallows. Dip the sticky side down into the pink sugar crystals
- and place on the cupcake as the bunnie’s ears.
- Next, give each bunny 2 candy eyes and a nose.
- Finally, use the Wilton black gel icing to make the bunny’s mouth.
- Simply make a J and then put a 2nd J on the other side (as shown).
- Cute and easy!
These are just adorable! I like to make different things for Easter dessert each year, and these would be perfect. Plus, the kids would love them. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday. 🙂
These look so fun! Kids will love these for Easter!
I love how cute these are and not super complicated to make. Just awesome!!
AHHHH!!!! These are so stinkin cute!!
Melinda Dunne says
Oh my goodness these are adorable! I love the marshmallow ears and pink heart nose.
I love the heart sprinkle used as a nose!
This is so cute. My daughter will have a blast decorating it
Laura J says
Oh so cute and fun and not too hard!! I think we could handle making these!!!! Carter would have so much fun decorating the bunnies! So cute!
sandy weinstein says
how cute …the kids will love these, perfect for easter. easy for the kids to decorate as well.
David Fultner says
Oh marshmallows now I get it. Cute
shelly peterson says
Another awesome cupcake idea that is perfect for Easter.
Mistee Dawn says
These are just so super cute. I will definitely have to make these with my daughter.
Well, are those not the cutest things ever? Last year I made something similar with the ears and a tail and called them hidden bunny cakes. I will make these this year.
Ellen Christian says
How adorable! That is just the cutest thing ever!
Julie Wood says
The Bunny Cupcakes are just adorable and I think I can make these as a nice Easter treat and it really looks like a bunny. Your cupcakes turned out great.
Nicole Dziedzic says
These are perfect treats for the kids on Easter! They would love these!