While the winter chill is still wreaking havoc on fingers and toes and your frozen little nose spring is right around the corner. No really, I promise it’s coming! Warm up those little hands while you wait for the sun to shine and bring rainbows and fluffy clouds with a fun, tasty white hot chocolate recipe. Try it just as it is or add a teaspoon of peppermint extract for a fun flavor twist. Looking for some more St. Patrick’s Day treats? Why not make some homemade gummies, or a fun popcorn mix ?
Toss it in the slow cooker while you sled and play outdoors, come back in to a belly warming treat!
Leprechaun Cocoa: White Hot Chocolate Recipe
6 cups whole milk
2 cups cool whip
12 oz. bag white chocolate chips
green food coloring
optional- 1 tsp. mint extract
Place all ingredients in bottom of slow cooker, turned on low.
Heat, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours until chocolate chips are melted and mixture is smooth and creamy.
Add food coloring 1 drop at a time until desired color is reached.
Serve with a generous dollop of whipped topping and a generous dash of rainbow sprinkles.
You could also make this in a pan over medium heat on the stove, stirring occasionally until creamy and melted.
For more amazing St. Patrick’s Day ideas, check out some blog posts from a few of my favorite bloggers #CreativeHOP:
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Non Alcoholic Irish Coffee Creamer from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Irish Potatoes Candy Recipe from My So Called Balance Life
- Simple No Bake Chocolate Crossies in Green from Two Girls One Boy and a Crazy Mom
- DIY St. Patrick’s Day Mason Jar Planters from Home and Garden Cafe
- St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes with a healthier twist from Our Family World
- Simple Shamrock Picture (DIY Shamrock Crafts) from Simply Southern Mom
- Kiss Me I’m Irish DIY Burlap Bag from A Mom’s Take
- Mint Sugar Scrub from Better in Bulk
- Green Tea Shamrock Cookies from About a Mom
- Mason Jar Tealights from Upstate Ramblings
- DIY Hulk Green Slim from Momma D Jane
- A simple Irish dinner from Day by Day in Our World
- Reuben Sandwich from How Was Your Day?
Leprechaun Cocoa: White Hot Chocolate Recipe
A hint of green will delight everyone when you serve this homemade white hot chocolate! leprechaun cocoa white hot chocolate recipe
- 6 cups whole milk
- 2 cups cool whip
- 12 oz. bag white chocolate chips
- green food coloring
- rainbow sprinkles
- optional- 1 tsp. mint extract
- Place all ingredients in bottom of slow cooker, turned on low.
- Heat, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours until chocolate chips are melted and mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add food coloring 1 drop at a time until desired color is reached.
- Serve with a generous dollop of whipped topping and a generous dash of rainbow sprinkles.You could also make this in a pan over medium heat on the stove, stirring occasionally until creamy and melted.
Heartwarming and perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, this yummy drink is perfect. Going to make that soon and get the chills off my bones.
A huge cup of white hot chocolate is exactly what we need! I will try your recipe!
This St. Patrick day special hot chocolate looks not only delicious but also easy to put together. Kids will love it.
How fun is this recipe! I love celebrating holidays with special treats. My lil leprechauns are going to love this!
Amy H says
Oh my daughter would love this! Both my kids love Hot Cocoa and the bit of sprinkles are the perfect addition
Lizzie Lau says
This looks like a fun and easy St Patrick’s Day treat. I think my daughter will enjoy making this with me.
Chef Dennis says
This Leprechaun Cocoa is mouthwatering! This will be perfect during chilly days. My wife will surely heart this,
Ruth I says
Really perfect for winter. Drinking a hot white chocolate really matches with a cookie or bread. My kids will love this. I hope I get this right lol.
My girls would totally love this St. Patrick’s Day cocoa. Such a yummy treat that I’m definitely going to have to whip up this month.
sara lafountain says
I bet this hot chocolate tastes amazing! All of these ingredients are in my house so we will be trying it this wekeend.
Kristine Nicole Alessandra says
Love this. I will make some for my grandson. I know what he will call it – “green milk.” Haha, He has to name food with a color before it. He calls pistachios “green peanuts.” I am glad this can be made in a slow cooker. We can go outside and play and then I’d give him a cup of this delicious green milk. 🙂
Amber Myers says
I make something like this for my kids as well! They love it 🙂 Heck, so do I.
I have never tried hot white chocolate, I will definitely try this recipe.
prezi Pro Crack says
Thanks for sharing nice material
yes offcourse , i love the white hot chocolate , so thanks for share
I’m not crafty, but even I could do this. Cute! after all good luck 🙂
shelly peterson says
oh yummy! Perfect for the cooler weather and St. Patty’s Day.