Whether your kids love to eat healthy with a variety of fruits and vegetables or not they will slurp up this yummy rainbow smoothie. Not only is it fun for the eyes, but every layer is fruity and delicious! Get the kids in on the fun from the start, take them to the grocery store or farmers market to help pick out fruits. Encourage them to choose at least one new item for one of the color layers- mango, cherries, kiwi, honeydew, cantaloupe etc… Blender safety- remind them to always put the lid on before mixing, and never put their little hands inside blender.
16 Tbsp. Frozen Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup Almond Milk, whole milk, coconut,etc.
2 Tbsp. Honey
1 kiwi (and optional 6-8 spinach leaves)
1/4 cup blueberries
1 peach or 1/2 cup cantaloupe
- 16 Tbsp. Frozen Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk, whole milk, coconut,etc.
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1 kiwi (and optional 6-8 spinach leaves)
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 peach or 1/2 cup cantaloupe
- Freeze Greek yogurt the night before in an ice cube tray, each cube equals 2 Tbsp.
- In blender combine 8 cubes of frozen yogurt, honey, and almond milk just until smooth, remove from blender.
- Add a little more than 2 Tbsp. back in with each fruit as follows-
- Kiwi and Spinach
- Peach or Cantaloupe
- Blend each fruit and 2 Tbsp. yogurt separately until smooth.
- To layer in your glass, spoon it in carefully. Pouring from the blender will cause them to blend.
- Add a straw and a slice of fresh fruit, enjoy!