Sometimes it’s nice to have a hearty, filling meal without meat- even if you aren’t a vegetarian. I’ve been overrun with zucchini from the garden so much lately and getting some from friends that I’m really starting to see zucchini in my sleep…and it’s forcing me to be all kinds of creative with the abundantly growing green veggie from so many gardens. My friend Jill has been raving about the Veggetti so long that I thought maybe I’d try it and give it a go (she’s right, it’s super fun to use AND fabulous results!) This one’s simple to make Vegan- just skip the parm cheese!
Parmesan Zucchini Noodles with Tomato & Basil
Pesto Ingredients –
#1. In a large pan, heat the olive oil, garlic and tomatoes.
#3. Add in the red pepper flakes, pesto, parmesan cheese and salt & pepper.
#4. Continue to heat through for a few minutes and allow the cheese to melt.
#5. Remove from the stove and serve. Sprinkle some extra fresh parm on top.
- 2 medium size zucchini, spiral cut (I used the Veggetti)
- 1/2 C. grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 C. shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (more if you like is spicy, less if you like it more mild)
- 1 tbs. minced garlic
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pesto Ingredients –
- 2 C. fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp. fresh, minced garlic
- 1/4-1/3 C. olive oil
- 2-3 tbs. pine nuts
- Pesto Directions: Toss all ingredients in blender, until desired consistency.
- Use 1/4 cup in recipe, save the rest in refrigerator up to 1 week
- Recipe directions
- #1. In a large pan, heat the olive oil, garlic and tomatoes.
- #2. Toss in the zoodles and heat through – about 5 minutes.
- #3. Add in the red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese and salt & pepper.
- #4. Continue to heat through for a few minutes and allow the cheese to melt.
- #5. Remove from the stove and serve. Sprinkle some extra fresh parm on top.