So looking forward to the long weekend for the 4th of July. There’s just something so fun and special about celebrating our nation’s independence, and we always like to find little ways to make it a little more special. Making fun mocktails is almost a guaranteed hit with the kiddos, but layered beverages seal the deal. This 4th of July mocktail is about as patriotic as can be!
- 1 bottle of Sobe, Pina Colada flavored
- 32 oz of blue Gatorade or Powerade
- 15 oz bottle of cran-apple juice
- Fill your glasses with ice all the way to the top.
- Slowly pour the Cranberry Apple juice into the glass and directly over the ice filling it about 1/3 of the glass with juice.
- Next, pour the Sobe slowly, over the ice to fill the glass about 3/4 of the way.
- Finally, slowly pour the blue sports drink, over the ice and fill the glass the rest of the way.
The key with this recipe is to go slow, pouring directly over the ice. You want the highest sugar concentrated beverage (cranberry apple juice) at the bottom so the drinks ‘sit’ on top of each other without combining right away and then the Pina Colada (next highest sugar concentrate) and finally the blue sports drink (lowest sugar concentrate) on top. The longer the drinks sit, they will eventually meld together as the ice melts or if you go to stir it. DO NOT MAKE THESE AHEAD OF TIME!
*Makes approximately 5-6 16 oz beverages.
*Want an adult version? Simply add some rum or vodka and enjoy!
Ball RNWG-SIP-32OZ-1PK Guzzler Set a 32oz Mason Jar + Sippin’ Lid + Acrylic Straw Reusable Novelty Cocktail Glasses Shabby Chic, 32-Ounce, Clear
4th of July Paper Straws
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.