How to Make a Shrinky Dinks Game: Tic-Tac-Toe
Crafts are always a hit at my house. Finding crafts that can serve a purpose and be enjoyed over and over are always a hit with ME. One of my most favorite things to do as a kid was Shrinky Dinks. So much fun, especially when the oven light worked and I could watch the magic happen. Now I’m 43 and have my own kids, and you know what? Shrinky Dinks are STILL just as fun!
This easy to make shrinky dinks game is a lot of fun- and can be used over and over again. Pop it into a baggie and keep it on hand for playing while traveling, waiting at a restaurant or just on the go! You can make several sets at once and share them with friends- or the kids can each claim their own X or O “look” they want- the possibilities are kind of endless as long as they can be done with a sharpie or a colored pencil!
Shrinky Dinks Game: Tic-Tac-Toe
Sharpie markers or colored pencils (I am LOVING the colors of the Electro Pop 24 count set- and they are ultra fine tip!)
Shrinky dink paper
1. Cut out a 5×5″ square from your shrinky dink paper and draw a tic tac toe board onto the front with your black permanent marker.
2. Use your colorful Sharpies or pencils to add color to your tic tac toe board.
3. Cut out 10 2×2″ squares from your shrinky dink paper.
4. Draw and cut out 5 letter O’s and 5 letter X’s from your 2×2″ shrinky dink paper.
5. Place your letters and tic tac toe board onto a foil lined baking sheet and place another sheet over top, pressing flat.
6. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 3 minutes, remove your pan from the oven and immediately press flat with a oven mitt.
7. Let cool and remove from the foil.
Have fun playing the game!
Happy tic-tac-toe playing! What ideas do you have for how to make a shrinky dinks game?
We have some other fun craft ideas! Check out: Stained Glass Tissue Paper Vase, Bath Salts, Flower Flip Flops, Felt Parrot Puppet Craft, or Chevron Trinket Box (this could be made to fit your new tic tac toe game)!0